1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the deal if it snows at Beaver this weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducpimp, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

Just curious, my lastest reliable weather man is calling for up to an inch of snow on Saturday night in Beaver Falls area (Beaver Run). How does WERA handle this? Will they wait to see the conditions before they call it or race no matter what. I have an old set of skis, I am going to cut down tonight and set up on an outrigger. Maybe that will help me get around better with SNOW on the track!!!!! Damn I hate Western PA's weather.

Aaron
    Wera #342 novice

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bring snow tires.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Don't forget the snowball fight for gridding.

4. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

One time it snowed for a Talladega race weekend, we showed Saturday and races were called off for Saturday. Snow was pretty much gone on Sunday so we raced. :up:

5. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

6 degrees is the lowest temp I've raced in (that's around 40 in American). Below that I would not go out.

Hopefully your weatherman is wrong!

6. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

it'ws a freakin shame cause last weekend i went up after the summit saturday solo's and ran with tpm and the weather was great. track was hookin up and i actually ran my best lasp times ever. now i see the weather forecast and my heart just falls through the floor. the season is so short and we only get to do the beaver twice this year. i'm bummed.

although i am still planning on camping out friday night i may bring a few more beers in case racing is cancelled.

does pirelli sell a snow tire? (LOL)

on a serious note how are there intermediate rains?

thanks

tony:up:

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You have to realize that even with 1", the ground has been warm enough that it won't stick. I have been on the track at Putnam when it was flurries, and it sucked, but made it through. It's amazing how your tires will stick when it is cold. Realisticly, I doubt that you will see any record breaking runs, but running a few 1:04's and 1:05's will keep you towrds the front.

The thing about Beaver is it's mainly a straight shoot. Unlike Grattan that's alot of twists and turns, 75% of your time at Beaver is spent under the bubble. My philosophy is that i can deal with a little cold weather in order to earn points for my championship this year.

And if I were running any of the C classes, your dang right I would show up. Think about the grids at the next race in June at Grattan. If you finish even in the top15, that will put you in the first wave. I would rather set my self up early in the season than have to fight the rest to make it up. It's a weekend like this that could really help the guy who's struggling...

8. Moonpie

Moonpie Yo Yo Yo!

Anything at Beaver:D is possible!

9. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

we may get to see our first albino beaver! wonder if its slipperier than a regular beaver....?

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Re: Re: What is the deal if it snows at Beaver this weekend

Mmmm Up Norf Beava' :D

11. chalktome

chalktome Well-Known Member

Re: Re: What is the deal if it snows at Beaver this weekend

lets not go down on that level.:Poke:

12. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I got a hotel. Fuk that camping shit.

Friday night. Rain and occasional thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 40s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph after midnight.

Saturday. Rain with a chance of snow. Breezy. Much cooler with highs in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph.

Saturday night. Snow and rain likely in the evening. Then snow likely after midnight. Breezy. Colder with lows around 30. West winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Sunday. Rain and snow likely. Highs around 40. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Sunday night. Cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain and snow showers. Lows in the mid 30s.

13. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Pete, I'm crashing with you. Dibs.

;)

14. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

It snaowed at VIR in the AM for the opener on Sat.

We stuck it out, and it was dry and 55 by late morning, early afternoon. The sun is gettin warm!

6 or 7 of 52 weekends to race is way too few to begin with!

hope to see everyone there!

Rich

15. Ducpimp

Ducpimp Well-Known Member

Yea, I was at VIR as well and it turned out great, but that was south VA. This is Western PA and I have not faith in the weather. I am glad to hear there are a lot of people still coming up, just bring warm cloths and heaters!!!!!!!!!!!

See everyone there

Aaron

16. moroj82

moroj82 Active Member

you guys are brave to race in the predicted weather.
    I"ll be there to shoot some photos of people playing in the rain...
    goodluck!

17. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

this sucks: :down:

[​IMG]

18. Silo Pete

or...

Saturday: Periods of showers. High around 52. West wind between 11 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: Rain showers likely before 11pm, then snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low near 33. West wind between 14 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Sunday: Snow showers likely before 8am, then rain and snow showers likely between 8am and 11am, then rain showers likely after 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 40. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday Night: A chance of rain showers, mixing with snow after 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

19. Silo Pete

So Saturday it looks like Lightweight SNOWLOS 20's and Sunday I'll be in F2 (Freezing 2u), D SnowBike, Numb-clubman and Mo-tarded....