Welders???

Discussion in 'General' started by kneedraggin129, Apr 11, 2005.

1. What do level II welders in the south east make in in your area? Thinking about moving and just trying to get some info.

2. Terry Hesticle

Terry Hesticle Well-Known Member

3. cool thanks man, $32-$43,000 a year isent to bad

4. gixxer998

gixxer998 Well-Known Member

Yeah it says 37-48K a year where I live, try getting that out of your employer.

5. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

weld better than anyone else and write your own ticket:)

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If you can TIG weld aluminum,(NO BullShit need apply) I will make a call and get you a full time job, in Marietta Ga. welding in a GOOD shop with Good people, using the BEST welders made (Miller AeroWave) and all you have to do is SHOW UP FOR WORK EVERY DAY.... and they PAY WELL.

7. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Hey I welded a spool back on does that count?:)Not with tig just me mig gun....maybe sometime I can swing in and you can school me o great one....

8. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I can JB weld.

What kind of job will that get me? Can you put in a good word?

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

They have an opening at the Lawnmower shop in Canton...:D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLMAO - except for one issue, they heard Huey was looking and shit down as a preemptive measure :D

11. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

uhhh, going to work every day sorta interferes with racing doesn't it Dad?

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

That is why I don't have a "real job". It makes it ez'r when you want to go racing with the kid if you don't have to ask for time off.

13. oldguy

Someday I'm gonna learn how to TIG without melting the damn part! (and shouldn't you be welding instead of hanging out on the BBS? :D )

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

EVEN I take lunch sometimes, and usually end up paying for it, by working later....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  15. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

A friend of mine just got one of these I think. It cost around $3,500.00 and is HUGE!

Guess it pays to marry into a wealthy family. :up: (his father-in-law bought it one day just because he needed some aluminum welded)

16. oldguy

Too many knobs and dials.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Complete it is double that for the standard unit, the full feature AeroWave, will almost kill $9-10 G's
    A standard 350 SquareWave is around $3500, add for all the extras and it will still eat almost $6500.

It only took me a coupla weeks to get a handle on all the knobs and dials...:)
    I still have my 350LX as backup to the AeroWave.

18. gixxer998

I'm with you man the AeroWave is the best welder I have used in my 12 years of welding :rock: I don't ever want to put my hands on another machine. I have all the bells and whistles on my machine and a big sign that says DO NOT TOUCH! If someone changes my settings and I don't know, BOOM, there goes my parts up in smoke!:wow:

19. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Obviously not the AeroWave but a honk'in big welder for just a guy's garage. I think the total was over $4k with the accessories he got with it. Certainly beats the 110v wire feeder he had. :up:

20. gixxer998

Yeah if you've got a brand new 4K machine in your garage I think you have a little extra $$$. I have my own little side business and I bought my machine used for $1,500.