1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

$10 for an advice

Discussion in 'Tech' started by samizx7, Mar 26, 2005.

1. samizx7

samizx7 Well-Known Member

i am offering $10 (i know it is not much) for anyone that would give me an advice that would cause the fixing of my bike. i changed the wiring harness,bought a new battery and check the harness many times,the bike is not turing on it is making a clicking noise but the engine is not turning over. now i have a movie put i do not know how to post, i check the starter, and starter button , everything is working.
    1- if anyone could check,(i found on difference between my new and my old wiring harness) the starter relay,on my old one (1994 zx7) i had a yellow wiring that goes with the starter relay,which i do not have on my new one.
    2- the gauges are working (all light comes on).
    3- i will be posting on different message boards the first on that give me an advice and insturction on how to test and fix my bike will recive 10 by paypal(only).
    4-i have a movie
    http://www.amazonlaptops.com/sami/MOV00646.MPG
    let me know thanks

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

is clicking coming from starter relay?
    if yes than make sure your battery +- and starter cable conection is firm.

3. TWF2

never mind,I just watched movie.your starter is working.you missing fuel or spark.take plug out and see if you have spark.if yes you have fuel problem.

4. samizx7

how can i check if there is a spark

5. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think you can take it out and connect the spark plug lead the see if it arcs to a grounded spot like your motor. If its fuel it may just be your fuel pump, petcock, or even something as stupid as your fuel filter. Hope this helps.

6. TWF2

you can take plug out and rest it against bolt or something convinient(ground) and hit starter button.

7. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

the movie sounds like it's out of gas.:D you can paypal to jerryv at puresportsdesigns dot com

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

yeah, against the frame will work

this may sound crazy but the kawis have fuel tube run thru the tank,my 93 zx-7 had something go wrong internal & had to replace the tank

9. 418

418 Expert #59

Yup, sound like it's not getting any gas.

10. samizx7

that what i have been saying, i think it is the gas but i am not sure how to fix it. how can i check if the fule pump is working ??? is there a fuse for it, where is it located. i have put one gallon of gas in the bike and it is not working???

11. zico

zico Zico

things to check

If the only thing you changed was the wiring harness, then it must be electrical issue.

So, before and after....
    orig elec harness works?? assume yes
    install new harness and no longer works... assume yes
    put old hardness back on works? assume yes
    = problem with new harness
    so based on that at least you know it's not mechanical or no internal fuel tank issues

where did you get the wiring harness... return the thing if it don't work

compare the harness and see which connections don't match

get the manual on your bike

use the manual elec diagrams to home the cable out using a volt meter - set volt meter for resistance, put neg on one end of cable, put pos end on other end of cable... use the manual to tell you when ends and pins to go by...for example....
    on one of the elec connectors pin 1 should go to pin 6 on the other end elec connector... so put the volt meter on pin 1 and pin 5 the volt meter should show no resistance - it may eve beep for ya.

check fuel pump

see if you have a kick stand switch that won't let the bike start with kick stand down or switch not tape closed

The ECU may not be sending spark correctly due to the harness.

Maybe it's sending spark in the wrong order due to the wire harness and never turning over.
    That could be a wiring issue at the ECU or maybe the ignition pack.

just brainstorming here....... offering suggestions.......

12. samizx7

thanks for the help, the problem i sliced into the last wiring harness i am going to try to put back in to the bike and see if it works, i check for a spark and no spark.

13. samizx7

okay guys, i really can not fix it by myself, i was wondering if anyone is a mechanice in south florida, that could help me, i would pay for your service??????? please i really do not want to part out the bike

14. Shenanigans

Where in S Fla are ya?

15. samizx7

miami, but i could drive up to hollowood or even further.as you see from the video the bike is not in it original shap(i changed the tail and the project is not done yet) so i need some one that welling to help.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

You have a PM.

17. Shenanigans

18. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

shoot some starting fluid (or gas just be careful) down those carbs to see if it the gas you a lacking!

19. bluedogz

bluedogz Loooooooo budget

Ummm- you might want to hold onto it with insulated pliers or something while you do this. Not your hand.

20. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Plugs are fouled out. Change spark plugs.