need a fuel pump for a 04 gsxr 600

Discussion in 'General' started by bilet69, Mar 19, 2005.

1. bilet69

bilet69 Well-Known Member

mine doesnt seem to be working and need it for jennings. turn on key and it isnt pressurizing the fuel rail ......nothing checked all the fuses ........? :confused: :confused:

anybody got one that can bring it to jennings.
    [email protected]
    or
    814-881-6674

mark biletnikoff

2. WebCrush

WebCrush Banned

I have one, but won't be at jennings (or anywhere near). how soon is the race?

3. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

Did you check the relay?

4. bilet69

what do you mean check relay ............ i checked the fuse ....?
    how do you check the relay? any help would be great .... or leave a number ill call ya.

ya i disconted the fuel line from the fuel rail and turn on key and nothing comes out that should empty the tank?????? atleast on my honda it did...................? :confused: :confused: or unless im wrong on the suzukis but i dont think so! please let me know rick thanx!!!!

5. bilet69

would you be willing to next day it to a hotel i will be staying at down there in fl????????? if i need it
    pm me with your info incase i need it and let me know what you want for it ok? thankx guys

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

check to make sure that there is power going to the pump from the relay. if the relay is bad, next daying a pump wont get you much farther.
    if the pump relay is bad, you can jumper it out to get ya by, if that relay includes other curcuits, you will need to come up with another relay.

7. RFairbairn

1st make sure the battery is up. if it's really low the relay won't kick the pump on. If this is ok touch the relay and then turn the key on, you should hear and feel it "click" as the contacts come together. If it's not clicking it's probably bad. if it is it's probably the pump. The relay is under the seat in an upright postion (plug at the bottom) It will say omron G8MS-S23 I believe.

You can check the fuel pump by jumping it. disconnect it and use + to the Yellow/red trace and - to the Black/white trace. obviously be careful not to short them together. nothing more than whats in the line should come out when you disconnect the hose.

If the tip over switch has been activated that may also cause the pump not to run.

Did this just start happening to a good running bike or has there been any work done before this began?

Rick

8. bilet69

no it was a good running bike the only thing is the battery totally died. hence i bought a brand new battery and that is what i have in there. i will be checking thses things right now im going to the garage right now with a multimetter to test for power from and to the pump. this is stress super stress

9. bilet69

this pump is dead i jumped it directly to the battery like the manual says and nuthing happens it is dead as a door nail.

and body got one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. RFairbairn

I've got a couple of them. tested and known good. $100 + shipping.

Rick

11. bilet69

thats alil steep bro ...... they go for under 50 all day long on ebay but i guess you know i need it. please consider it for me.
    where ya located at and would ya next day ship it to me??

12. RFairbairn

Well Bro I'm not ebay or one of the scammers/thieves selling pts there and ebay doesn't set the pricing standard. I sell them locally for that because people know My shit is good. If you have any doubts feel free to contact anyone who has bought pts from me here. I can give you a list of Bus ref's as well. If you want it let me know your address and I'll let you know how much shipping/total would be and I can send it next day.

Rick

13. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Regardless of the price....

I'll stand up for Rick he has good parts and is a great person to deal with. I've bought stuff from him in the past and recommended him to others who had good experiences as well. I would say that $100 for a pump that you know is going to work when you install it is worth it.

14. KTFO

KTFO Banned

where you loacted? captain cut throat is here and ill send ya good pump for 50 bones.

15. RFairbairn

Trev, thanks for the props Dude. Met Keith @ Daytona. Nice guy. Also selling some pts to Ryan so thanks to you and Keith for the referal's.

Rick

16. jmac

jmac Well-Known Member

If it's the same as an '02 600 I have a working one for $40+shp. Let me know.