BBS Revival

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Jugglenutz, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

Post your favorite Bible Verse and the topic it deals with :)

Discipline and Steadfastness

Hebrews: 12:5-13

"My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor lose courage when you are punished by Him. For the Lord disciplines him whom he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives. It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as son; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Besides this, we have had earthly fathers to discipline us and we repected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time at their pleasure, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant; later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore lift your drooping hands and strenghten your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed."

2. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Are you going to seminary now instead of med school?

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, have you people no mercy? No compassion? :D

4. Leverator

Leverator Active Member

There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. .45 here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yes, butt we use it appropriately...

6. For you heathen twits who go to church only on Easter and Christmas, Uncle Beezelbub still has a room for you!:
    Revelation 3:15-16

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Oh jeez, another Tarentino freak! And it was quiet for a while because all the Raoul Duke groupies are in mourning!

8. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

A Saviour to the Uttermost

Hebrews 7:25 (NASB)
    Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

9. Jugglenutz

Praise

"The Lord is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him."

Exodus 15:2

10. Jugglenutz

Praise

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my my high tower"

Psalm 18:2

11. bigx1384

bigx1384 Banned

,,,whats a "bible" -?

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Two of my current faves....

"Look among the nations and watch--
    Be utterly astounded!
    For I will work a work in your days
    Which you would not believe, though it were told you". - Habakkuk 1:5

"The righteous man walks in his integrity, and his children are blessed after him". - Proverbs 20:7

13. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Charles Manson thought Revelation #9 kicked ass.

I think it was The Beatles that turned him on to it.

One of my own favorites that comes to mind is Mathew 16:26 - "For what profits a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  14. tcasby

tcasby Banned

His Lithium hasn't kicked in yet.

15. GoNavy

GoNavy Well-Known Member

Proverbs 23:31-35 (KJV)

Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall utter perverse things.

Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast.

They have stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me, and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

And another..Proverbs 20:1

Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler, whoever is led astray by them is not wise.

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one
    receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. And every
    man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all
    things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown: but we
    an incorruptible: I therefore so run, not as uncertainly: so
    fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under
    my body and bring it into subjection: lest that by any
    means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a
    castaway."
    1 Corinthians 9:24-27, KJV

18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

wtf?!? doesn't anyone speak english anymore?:D

19. Jugglenutz

Porque tanto amó Dios al mundo, que dio a su Hijo unigénito, para que todo el que cree en él no se pierda, sino que tenga vida eterna.

:cool:

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Topic: Racing

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

Ecclesiastes 9:11