1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who sells CBR600rr 1/4 turn throttle?

Discussion in 'General' started by MegaPower, Feb 14, 2005.

1. MegaPower

MegaPower OVO Racewear

Where can I get a 1/4 or 1/5 turn throttle for an '03 CBR600rr?

Thx

2. pvd

pvd Active Member

bike comes stock with 1/4 turn throttle.

you can get HRC 1/5th turn trottles and cables through Dan Kyle or BVH.

3. MegaPower

MegaPower OVO Racewear

thanks....if this is 1/4 turn....I need like 1/6 or 1/8 because I have to grab another fistful to go full throttle.....I'll check with those guys....

Thx.

4. hoyle

hoyle Well-Known Member

5. MegaPower

MegaPower OVO Racewear

hoyle....which part was it? Did you just get a new throttle housing or did you have to cut cable ends, etc.?

Also, none of the HRC sites say what kind of throttle it is....1/5, 1/6....etc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  6. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

check out www.rscycles.com they have them and you can also check the prices :)

7. hoyle

hoyle Well-Known Member

I got the whole set, including both throttle cables. The kit includes the different housing, BUT, you're going to need to get a kill switch as well because the housing unit is a "stand-alone" unit.

Yeah... none of the HRC sites tell you what it is, but it's definitely shorter. I'd say it's about a 1/5 turn.

8. MegaPower

MegaPower OVO Racewear

what did you do for the kill switch? None of these suppliers have a clue what I'm talking about.

9. crikey

crikey Well-Known Member

10. RFairbairn

RFairbairn Well-Known Member

The factory set up is pretty nice on the CBR1000RR. You could probably find the stand alone on/off switch that also has a small start button built in used, it's only like $40 new though. How do they make it a 1/5 turn? bigger dia cable drive?

Rick

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  11. RFairbairn

I used the throttle housing off a CBR1000RR on My GSXR (with stock cables and a little mod's) and a DRZ100 on/off switch with a starter push button on the fairing stay. it looks to be 1/5 turn opposed to the stock 1/4.

Rick

12. Rocketmann#67

Rocketmann#67 Well-Known Member

i just glued a piece of zip tie around the throttle and that took care of the problem. also saved my self $40. i used jb weld. worked great.

13. RFairbairn

Yeah, I was surprised in the little diff in dia (measured about .020) of the throttle tube made such a noticable diff. I had some used pts and wanted to use the factory Suz switch on a bike I was rebuilding.

Rick