1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Alabama ?

Discussion in 'General' started by z420z, Jan 18, 2005.

1. z420z

z420z Well-Known Member

My company is thinking about sending me to Mobile, AL for a few months to work on contract. Any thoughts on the area?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Was there for a week about 20 years ago at Gulfstream. Didn't see many pretty women. My only impression of Mobile.

3. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

I interviewed for a job there a few years ago. When the wind shifted and I got a whiff of the paper mill, I knew I could never live there.

4. nutnbutnet

nutnbutnet Well-Known Member

Mobile is str8...lots to do, on the gulf, good seafood, weather is good. short hop over to New Orleans.

I used to live in Dayton and Cincy so i can say this...Columbus vs Mobile not even close!!!! Go south young man go South :D

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

awesome. its like 30 minutes from where im at. tons to do. we have lots of dirt track racing and we also run asphalt ovals as well. we have a great local riding group that always goes to track days. besides, the hurrican season is long gone. keep me posted
    rob

6. z420z

z420z Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input. I am busy as hell here so I don't know if I can even manage to go down there, but I atleast wanted some input on the area.

It sounds like I would be working around the clock there anyway.

Columbus is one of the better cities I have been in really. They have came a long way with the scene for 20-30s age group.

Jeff

7. nutnbutnet

nutnbutnet Well-Known Member

Yea Ohio State co-eds can make a city "liveable":Poke:

8. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

It's a hell of a lot warmer than OHIO

9. z420z

z420z Well-Known Member

Now that I would agree with, I love the snow....:Puke:

Jeff