1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Vacationed In Mexico?

Discussion in 'General' started by sportbikepete, Jan 4, 2005.

1. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Good or bad? Forgetting Cancun give me ideas of a good destination, if any. Looking for an all inclusive place. Thank you. :beer:

2. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

I believe dave mathews said it best when he sung..

"Don't drink tha water....":D

3. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

"there's blood in tha water....."

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I had a good time in Mazatlan.

5. Been to Moon Palace, heading to Aventura Palace on the 29th of Jan. Playa del carman. Like it a lot.

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Its just below Mexico, but when we recently stopped in Belize, it was very nice.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Loved Mexico. Playa Carr (sp?) is a blast. Cancun is even fun if you do it right.

Mexico City sucks (but that was buisness trips).

8. Shingle Monkey

Shingle Monkey Schuck, Schuck

Cozmel, not as touristy as cancun...better if you scuba dive.

9. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

that's where i want to go...i've heard belize is awesome!

10. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

Cancun can be great. It has close to the worlds best beach, ultra soft, talcy sand, and perfectly clear water. Some people get pretty thrown off by the constant hustle when you're walking down the street, and the fact that it can feel like a concrete city when you're off the beach.

The hustlers are definitely not dangerous, and w/ a quick acknowledgement of them and a pass, you can even get a laugh from them.

There unfortunately isn't much great mexican food in the hotel zone, and the resort rest's are pretty expensive. If you feel brave, some of the local rest's in the city itself are good and cheap.

There are GREAT mayan ruins to see, if you can rent a car, that is the way to get to them.. Tolum is easiest to get to, and you can stop in Playa Del Carmen (which used to be a cool backpacker's place) for lunch.

The 2 bigger places inland (Chichenitza and ??? names escape me) are fantastic (pyramids and such), and worth being there at night for the light show.

Finally, if you want to meet the true experts at getting you hammered and showing you a good time, go to Carlos y Charlies or Senor Frogs.. Neither is mexican, but those places rock all night.

Pete

11. ZebProctor1

Any lovey lovey in cancun?:D

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, if you can't hook up in Cancun, you're too ugly to live. :D

13. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

And I completely ignored the Belize thing.. One island, Caye Caulker is the shit . It's not a beach place, it's a dive/snorkle/mannatee adventure place. No pavement, and no cars on the whole island (12 min walk from one end to the other) no concrete buildings.. all mom & pop inns.

Great food, the friendliest locals, everyone speaks english, and the their dollar is tied to ours exactly 2$b for 1$us. If you haven't been out of the country before, that helps ease your way in.

I've been back 4 times over 10 years, god, I love that place.

Downside, no real beaches, not so easy to get to, no nightclubs, just tiki bars and such.

Get Lonely Planet's : La Ruta Maya, Yucatan, Guatamala & Belize and read the caye caulker section.

Caye ambergris, the main tourist isle sucks.. dirty, concrete and no personality at all (but still great diving)

Pete

14. ZebProctor1

didn't know, could be a sausagefest... like in eurotrip :D ...

oh, and I kinda meant the type of lovey you gotta pay for... :p

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's Rio. :D

16. ZebProctor1

Rio de Jenero? Brazil?

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap.

But really, it's just about anywhere.

Mexico rocks. My goal is to retire to the West coast of Mexico when I hit 55 or so.

18. z420z

z420z Well-Known Member

Just got back from Moon Palace. Expensive as hell, but it was an amazing place. Jacuzzi in every room. Awesome food 24/7. All the expensive booze you can drink. It is off the strip, very private beach.

All palace resorts are all inclusive and you can visit any on your trip (there are like 6 in cancun). www.palaceresorts.com

If you want to know any particulars just ask. I had an unbelievable time.

Jeff

19. r6rider0311

r6rider0311 Well-Known Member

Cozumel is great,if you fish,or snorkel/scuba dive its great!! Wish i went there for most of the trip,and not cancun.

20. Was there 3 years ago which is why we decided to go Aventura Palace (even nicer). The wife is 4 months pregnant so no Cancun thing for us. Don't think it is really that expensive, you get what u pay for.