Evans NPG Coolant: it doesn't taste good.

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 13, 2001.

1. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

I'm a usually a lurker but after reading this I had to say something [​IMG] Tom, you also need to get out more there homie...LOL

Nut

2. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

Watch that stuff Papa. My bro inlaw had a brain fart and siphoned some of the regular coolant; swallowing just a quarter teaspoon if that much. Cost him two nights in the hospital. The stuff screws up your liver. He was forced to drink large amounts of booze(vodka was his choice) for 12 hours to flush the shit out. He still has abnormal liver tests. Might want to check it out.

[This message has been edited by RICKY LOVE (edited 10-15-2001).]

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's one of the upsides to the Evans stuff - being Propylene Glycol it's non-toxic unlike the Ethylene Glycol.

Sorry to hear aobut your brother! The old stuff has killed alot of animals, they are attracted to the sweet smell/taste of it.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was lucky enough to spit it all out before I could swallow any of it. Is it me, or did what I just said sound really bad? [​IMG] Can't think of any other to say it, so I guess I'll have to take the abuse.

Anyway, I was using a really small hose, so it wasn't bad. Thanks, Ricky.

5. lightsmith

lightsmith Seenyer Member

Since you brought it up, NPG cures EG poisoning. They have found that mixing a small amount of Propylene Glycol (3% ) with Ethylene Glycol makes Ethylene Glycol non-poisonous. This is no shit. It has been submitted to the EPA. EG is not in itself poisonous. It has to be metabolised into something else and then something else again to clog the liver with crystals to be poisonous. Propylene Glycol blocks the enzymes from metabolizing the EG at the first step which allows the EG to run straight through, preventing poisoning.

Just thought I'd mention it.

6. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

there is so much to work with here. mustbe strong......

7. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Actually, it sounds more like one of your ex-girlfriends came over and posted on the BBS using your name. [​IMG]

I bet they both have keys and come over during the day while you're at work. [​IMG]

8. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Who's small hose were you working with? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. RICKY LOVE

RICKY LOVE Well-Known Member

Sounds like a "Will and Grace" episode. [​IMG] If my bro' in-law does it again I'll offer him some of my NPG. I would bet he'd rather get down with the vodka and O.J. That's a hell of a way to have an excuse to get F.U.B.A.R.

10. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

That should be whose grammar girl! [​IMG]

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You gotta love a household that communicates through the WERA BBS. how many do we have?

- GSXRGUY & GIRL
    - Tard and TIW
    - Goddess and Special Ed
    - Bruce and Bitch (hey, I didn't pick the name)

Any other couples that exchange information here on a regular basis because of inadequate home communication skills? [​IMG] I'm not talking about the "normal" ones who talk to each other at home, and use the BBS to communicate with others (e.g. Roach and LAG, SClark and JLG).

12. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

We talk at home all the time. We just enjoy picking on each other in public. [​IMG]

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Dutch -

Forget all the "Papa's Package" talk. There is MUCH more material here....

------------------
    George
    THE Rain Director

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You should have been at Steve Clark's house Friday night when he pointed and asked me what I had "down there," because of something stupid my ex-gf said. As the spiritual father of that "package" joke, no one would have appreciated it more than you. [​IMG]

15. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

How many times do I have to explain our work schedules and that we don't see each other during the week? [​IMG] You just don't listen do you?

But I guess since I hog the phone line being on the computer this would be the only way to communicate. [​IMG]