night race?

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by vcr12 pit crew, Nov 30, 2004.

1. vcr12 pit crew

vcr12 pit crew Well-Known Member

anyone know if there will be any night races or races into the night? Mongo maby you can help with this one?:confused:

2. Cindy Ivey

Cindy Ivey Team Manager

From what I understand, he is still discussing it with one of the tracks. He doesn' have a definate answer yet but he'd like to do it.

3. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I still vote Vegas.

I can guarantee the neighbors won't mind a bit. :)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm actually trying for Nelson right now - they have lighting on the front straight for scoring and pits already. I'd rather not run osmehting new our first time at Vegas - however if the track works it's a very good possibility for 06 if the track peeps are cool with it all.

Anyway, as of yesterday - Nelson is cool with it all, now we have ot make sure we can get corner workers lined up etc... and work out some other logistical issues. I'll let you all know ASAP. I'll also try and set up WERA as a delership with one of the lighting companies to get a deal on lights.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Oh, come on:p I'm want to see what Dan Schmitt comes up with this time:p

6. aoddev

aoddev Member

Would this be on Sept 10th (the current date listed for Nelsons) or an additional date?

7. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

You gotta be kidding me. That place has limited and dangerous runoff (just take a ride on your fourwheeler), thrid of the track goes thru the woods and it's rather fast with 100 + average speed, not mentioning getting on the track from hot pit is like jumping a curb on a side walk. Why even have National there is beyond me :rolleyes: .

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Current.

Sorry if you don't like our choice of tracks Martin but the choice to ride or not is as always up to you the rider.

9. Martin M

Martin M Former BRP Rider

I though that it was in your interest to provide us with a safe track to race on, this doesn't seem to be the case.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've done a lot of races the last dozen or so years and seen a lot of racetracks and I think it's safe, I think it's safe to run a race at least partially in the dark there, I would never run a race at a track I felt was unsafe.

Now whether or not you agree with me is up to you and there is nothing I can do about that part. If you feel it's unsafe then stay home. While that may not be the happy make you feel better about yourself answer you're looking for it's still the way this whole thing works - if anyone ever feels unsafe at one of our races they need to not race, period. You pay us to race, we don't pay you.

11. vcr12 pit crew

i'm with you mongo, if you don't like it or don't feel safe...stay home and wine in somone elses ear.:Poke:

12. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Perfect.

I had my eyes closed for a good 90% of the race this year anyway, so I'm all ready for a night race. :)

13. vcr12 pit crew

i bet your eyes were open the last lap...4.? seconds, that sucks.

14. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Yeah, but at least it was you guys and not somebody else. That was actually a lot of fun, even though we didn't get the position. :)

15. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

how to locate bodies when the leave the track seperated from thier machine?

16. vcr12 pit crew

When you ride at night you wear glo sticks, you put them on your arms and legs so you can be seen

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or just on the helmet. The CW's also have flashlights and to date we've only lost one guy - he crashed when i was working T3, got up and wandered over to the tire wall and sat down waiting on the crash truck - well I could see the bike (lights were still on) and was running a search pattern for the rider, starting to panic when he finally walked back over to me....

18. Rich SmithMoore

Rich SmithMoore Well-Known Member

Nelson would be great. Very nostalgic (in a good sort of way).

Glowsticks taped to your arms and legs help find the bodies.

(Although the corner workers should carry matches in case the fuel tank needs to be set on fire for emergency lighting.)

:D

19. vcr12 pit crew

was it Glenn?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could have been but I don't think so - it wasn't the VBR era, it was before that probably 87 or 88.