1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to use for temporary fuel supply.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by gixserman, Nov 22, 2004.

1. gixserman

gixserman Well-Known Member

What to use for temporary fuel supply ..for jetting, maybe starting a motor in the shop .etc.
    if it matters its for a gsxr 600...

Over the years , I've made a few out of plastic gas cans and siliconed the fitting in but nothing that has lasted and not leaked after awhile... what do you guys use

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

3. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've got a motionpro auxillary fuel IV (as the wife calls it). It works well, but the first time I used it leaked a little bit at the petcock junction. I guess it just needed some fuel to swell the rubber parts because it hasn't leaked since.

4. dave333

dave333 traveler

find an old lawnmower gas tank. add a piece of fuel hose and a shut off valve and there ya go! I did my aux tank for less than $6. I just find a comfy spot to bungy or rubber band it to and then fire up the bike...

5. rickj

rickj Well-Known Member

propane.....it burns clean!

weadwacker gas tanks, use seal-all on a metal fitting/tube in the tank

motion pro aux fuel tank is great (except for $$$)

whatever; always use inline filter and keep extinguisher handy

6. gixserman

Thanks guys,

was looking to do it on the cheap like the weedwacker or lawnmower gas tank. suggestion...

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Also, the fuel tanks at your local hobby shop that are designed for large scale R/C aircraft would work quite well.

8. RB

RB Well-Known Member

I used Fiat brake master cyl reserviors. These are remote resv's and have a nipple on the bottom. Only hold about 4oz though. Great for dirt bikes.

On the shelf I always had an rear end dope bottle with gas in it. These have a tapered spout with a small cap. Use this to either fill the float bowls or the temp gas container.

9. gixserman

Here is what I ended up with. (My buddie told me about this )
    Murrays Auto has Radiator overflow reserviour (sp?) holds over a quart has 5/16 fittings on the bottom and the top and a metal cage to hang it from .. $10 bucks

10. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

11. gixserman

12. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

$14.50 from summit racing.

Have not tryed yet not sure if the plastic is fuel proof but being that its used under a car hood I would think that it is.

13. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

WTF is "rear end dope"??

14. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I hope he means rear axle oil.

15. RB

RB Well-Known Member

hahahahhahahhahhahhah my age is showing

16. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

It must be because you forgot to answer the question.

17. RB

RB Well-Known Member

hrc had it right, Hypoid lubricant. :p