1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by Putter, Nov 20, 2004.

1. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

BFG A/T K/O

BFG A/T K/O

The last 2 sets of tire on my Ranger were BFG A/T K/O. When it is time for tires on my new Dakota they will be the BFG's again.

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

American General

3. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

I have always heard great things about the BFG A/T KO's and was excited to have a new set on my f150 that I bought. Handling in wet and dry is good-to- great and in the mud (only done it once in this truck but I have lots of time racked up playing in it) it went though with no problem and the side tread helps a good deal. Noise is very, very little on the highway and with the aggressive tread pattern I was very happy. Load weight rating is great with an extra ply of what every it is on the side wall.

BUT<

20k on them now and I am in need of replacing them now! With the price you pay for them you think they would last a lot longer.
    Also have buddy at work that has a 3/4 ton Dodge that he pulls a 24' car trailer alot and he is always replaceing his KO's (but wont run anything else)

let us know what you get and how you like them.

4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

20k ???? Holy Crap.

I have over 50k on mine right now. :cool:

5. FATDUMBNHAPPY

FATDUMBNHAPPY Well-Known Member

scott,
    what psi do you run in them?

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I run them on a 2000 ZR-2 S-10, usually around 35psi.

Unless I go mudding, lol.

7. Bob E.

Bob E. _________________________

I used to run the BFG A/T T/A's on a full size Bronco back in the 80's. I loved the tires except for the mileage (30,000 avg.) and if memory serves they would bounce a little until driven a few miles.

Now days I am just happy to have tread of any kind. :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

TrXuS Mud terrains on my CJ-7. Amazingly quiet.

[​IMG]

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Not like we have a snowy season down here...

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I have a feeling you would enjoy the highways in Minnesota after a snowfall. You could run over the MNDOT plow trucks and stuff.

11. njrc51

njrc51 Active Member

I just mounted a set of Revos on my Tahoe Z71 and so far they are quite nice. Not anywhere as loud as my friends BFG AT's and they still have a nice aggressive tread and look to them. So far I've only driven them in the rain and they seem better than the stock Goodyears the truck came with.

I also had a hell of a time trying to find these tires at the local dealers (one guy said 4 to 10 weeks until he could get them in my size, 265/17's).....ended up using Tire Rack and ordered them on a Monday and they were here on Tuesday.

nj

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Snowstorms are a blast. The only decent snow driving I've done lately has been when we go to the Indy dealer show. Gotta say that passing a plow truck is kind of fun :D