1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, Fellow Roadrace Addicts-I'm Back Online

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 954vDerek, Nov 15, 2004.

1. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Hi, Guys, I just got this damn computer fixed again and would like to commence to "Shoot the Bull" some mo'. I need to hear from ya, WERASE643, I want to return your shock! (Thanx AginBTW) Congrats to Everyone who did well this season-it was a great one!! Thanks everyone who came to check on me at Road A after Mr. Tom Lees decided to throw his motorcycle at me during the clubman National (this tactic may have worked for him,except now he had nothing to ride!!) That Crash was a doozie, complete w/ a full flip for style points,ending in a perfect one-point landing-flat on my back at 70ish. I was so happy just prior to this,running solidly in 2nd w/ a plan to pass for 1st in one more lap,I was grinnin' ear to ear. I want to thank God for keeping me alive and the WERA Saftey Crew, Especially Tony,for the help and kind words (I told Tony I owed him a big Ole' Kiss when I felt better). Well, I didn't get my National Championship this season but it damn sure wasn't for lack of trying-it was because some people need a few physics lessons before trying to turn 90 degrees in a 6 ft radius at 50-60mph! Nevertheless, I had a great year and met alot of great people,went fast and had a helluva lotta fun!! I'd love to hear from Ya'll-Wayne S., Chris M. Steve B.,Mike E., Joe P.,Tex M.,Eric C.,Steve-O,Tim J., Eric M.-Its gonna be a long winter- Let the Bullshitting Begin!!:Poke: :beer: :beer: :Puke:

#156 Well-Known Member

Good to hear your still alive and kicking. Bad deal for ya in clubman , man you had it. I had a blast hanging with ya and racing with ya in v-5, especially the race at vir.What you got planned for next year? I,m gonna stay in v-4, and v-5 unless i can find a good deal on a sv650. I probably won't run as much this year as last.

3. werase643

werase643 Well-Known Member

next monday....pizza joint on 220 A.......LUNCH?????
    I think it's your turn to buy lunch.....

ken in NC:Poke:

4. TrentThomas

TrentThomas .........

Hey Derek,

Glad you're on the mend.

We need to get together so you can tell me more about the MZ I just bought. :) I plan on making some Clubman events in 2005, so I'm sure we'll cross paths.

See ya at the track.

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

It's good to have you back, crasher!

Now, what plans do we have for next year? Is your mentor gonna actually race? or just sit around the pits telling us all how fast he is?

6. Jugglenutz

Jugglenutz Well-Known Member

yes...i plan on racing next season....

:D :cool: :D

7. stickboy274

A bike?! or just a post count kind of thing?

8. LowSider

LowSider Some Guy Racing

Ooooooh, man! :Poke: :Poke: :Poke:

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Derek,
    Good to hear from you. You had a great first season. Enjoy the winter and hopefully we will all go out a play again next spring. I'f I travel up to SW Virginia this winter I'll be sure to let you and Eric know.
    Cheers,
    Joe

10. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

WERASE643-LUNCH_WHATTIME?

Hi, Ken- I can meet Ya, but wut time?:beer:

11. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Hi, Guys

Hey, Wayne, Joe, Low,Lever And All- I can't write much now but Wayne call me abt. a potential SV650 ride- Also-My Mentor is Not the one who's Bike posed in dirty pictures in the CMP Shitter!!:beer:

12. stickboy274

Watch out Derek, yours could be next.

13. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

"Possibly Appropriate"

Hey Stickboy! Several of the bikes I have been Racing(Crashing)are looking Kinda Schitty right now!! They don't even need to be in th' Potty to look bad. Well, I guess thats what the wintertime is for-fixin' all the stuff you broke or tore up during the Race Season!! I will be "Healing" Eric's MZ, and the Mighty GS- as I heal up myself! Wish I could teach the bikes to do it on their own!!:beer:

14. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Identity Crisis

Is "Not the Donald" the former "Green as They Come" of CMP Potty Fame? Weren't you also " Lever" for awhile? If So, just so Ya Know- You Ain't Now or Ever Gonna Be My Mentor!!:beer:

15. stickboy274

That's him. He has so many names he can't keep up. I liked it when they were callin' him Elli-mae.

16. 954vDerek

954vDerek Active Member

Alright!It' Good To Be Right Sometimes!

Hey, Stickboy,and Ever-body- All foolin' around aside, Yes Eric will be back next season and I'm sure he can remind anyone w/ any memory problems abt. how fast he is-'cause he Is!! I think he may lean towards the ARHMA events this season as they have a class pretty suitable for his Triumph and no one is quite sure what the WERA Vintage season holds in store.I will be around as well as much as possible but my duties have been restricted to Wrenchin' for a while(By The Big Boss). I hope to be able to support Eric as crew cheif alot this year and to be able to offer some Mechanical Support to more of you guys as well.I spent a small fortune to run the entire M/A Series this Season and w/ Hospital bills and two bikes to repair (at My expense) I will really need to make a few dollars next season-Unfortunately, this means more wrenching and less Racing!I may start bringing the GS500 as a Rent-A-Racer to help others get into this stuff Cheaper. I also plan to build a few "Killer Motors" for the Honda Twin Guys-available for rent or purchase. I will have Mig Welding Equip. w/ me as well and other specialty tools and supplies. I hope you guys will remember this if you need anything done this coming season!! Also;Guy who just bought the MZ 660- Hi-!! Wanna make it go REAL FAST?I can help! The one I built Eric was the fastest MZ in the country last year-W/ Erics Riding Skills a major factor of course! Check out the laptimes at the CCS Race of Champions-Daytona 2003. See Ya'll, Derek K.