Something serious happened at the polls on 11-2-2004!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tlr1000peke, Nov 3, 2004.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

What if you're a foreigner but a US citizen. :rolleyes:

There is nothing wrong with trying to instill change.

Everyone can voice their opinion. Not only the elite "some".

The very attitide that you and Brad have, is the opposite exact reason why this country is great.

2. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Bush was elected. Saddam was not.

RB

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm a foreigner. Best I can do is offer an opinion.:)

4. We did at one time back the IRA (ref Irish War for Independence 1918-1921), but the IRA had some insignificant character flaws like a tendency to blow up schools and churches, and murder hostages. Supportng such terrorism is morally indefensible, so we stopped.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah ha ha ha! :D

Post Bush reelection slay? :D

And a well deserved jab in DaveK's ribs. :D

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

What if I am a foreigner, a refugee, not a US Citizen, but a prior service men? I am not sure what Brad's take is on this, so I will let him speak in his defense. On my part, I am not against people voicing an opinion. I am sorry if it came across that way. But what I am tired is of foreigners (I live in South Florida, and hat is basically all we have here, even the whites are imports from the northern states), wanting to go against all attempts made by this Country to take action abroad. Most foreigner come here for reasons particular to them but I am sure like it was with me, there are some political issues weighing heavily. I believe in American Freedom, and I want to see this freedom I enjoy extend beyond the constraints of the geographical borders fo the US. However, everytime I speak of this I am negated by foreigners who believe that when the US makes an attempt to do something it is imperialistic behavior. And for some reason, their Country always acts, behaves, or performs in a superior manner. If so, go home! I would love to go home, with the backing of the US Army!

7. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Wrong.... Bush was elected.
    Saddam was elected. Remember he is a president and they did hold elections. (Probably dirty as a chicago election, but nevertheless, the elections were held and he was elected)

8. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Payback for the atrocities that the Protestants did to the Catholics and have been doing for hundreds of years....

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Dude, you are killing me here.

Saddam, elections, he was elected? Yes, with 99% or higher. You cannot equate both, nor should it be suggested that an election is an election just because it is labeled so.

10. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

The only good thing about Bush being re-elected is that he has to wait four more years to give pardons to scumbag assholes like Kenneth Lay or what is sure to be a long list of Halliburton fucktards.

11. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Once you become a US citizen I no longer consider you a furriner.

I do have an aunt that is a US resident alien who will never drop her German citizenship even though she has lived in the US all of her adult life. She's a furriner.

RB

12. Blowing up children is payback? Murdering hostages is payback?

OK, you just shot any credibility you might have had. Good show. :clap:

13. tlr1000peke

tlr1000peke True Maverick

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by tlr1000peke
    WERA522,
    The U.N. is a joke, their military is joke!America pays for 40+% of everything they do!We are not occupying Iraq forever, they will vote for their own President very soon!By the way,what is our exit strategy for Japan, Germany,and North Korea! Oh we are still in all of those countries with our military and hey they vote and have elections too!!!!!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear god it has happened! We invaded North Korea in the space of the day after the Elections..... So when will German be our national language?

OOps I ment South Korea!:D

14. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Why note? Votes were cast. It was an election. Just like the rigged elections Chicago, many years ago. An election is an election whether it is rigged or not.....

15. RB

RB Well-Known Member

Like your boy BJ Clinton ???

Bush has too much self respect to do anything that might look like following in BJ's footsteps.

RB

16. Actually, the last "election" was held in Iraq in October of 2002, when it started becoming clear the US planned to do something about Iraq.

It wasn't 99%. It was 100%. 11,454,638 for Saddam, 0 against. What a popular guy! ;)

Yeah, WERA522 is right - just like US elections. :rolleyes:

17. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

It was the same thing the protestants did to the Catholics....yes. Payback. Right or wrong that's what is was and that is what I was calling it. (not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing)

18. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yes right now it is, sort of. i do not reffer to them as my govt since i cannot vote for them, but they are the ones dictating what happens int he country in which i reside, so that is a somewhat accurate statement brad. and just as your govt lies to you, the canadian govt, no doubt lies at points to, and had kerry been elected i am sure he would have too. thats not the point. the point is anyone who believes the govt (whether it is kerry, or bush etc) doesnt tell lies, or at least misleads, at some point is, IMO, wrong. it just so happens that bush's misleadings are turning the world on its ear, and occupying countries etc etc.
    as far as leaving goes,and i think i will stick around just to tick you off :Poke:
    i know i can go back and i will someday. amybe sooner than later due to the fact that the poor US economy and the strong canadian dollar has made an exchange rate that will soon be bordering on equal. that was the only true benifit to living here, that and the weather,lol.

19. WERA522 - read a few history books. You're desperately in need of some education.

20. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Please re-read my post. Just like the RIGGED Chicago Elections. Not the RIGGED US Elections. (Just kidding about the rigged US elections but serious about the Chicago elections. W got the popular vote and that is all it takes for me)

time to leave work....will be interested in continueing when I get home....get the popcorn ready.....