Putnam

Discussion in 'General' started by NewRacer, Sep 13, 2001.

1. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

does anyone have some tires(Pirelli) I can get to get me through Putnam? Mine are way too shagged and I dont want to buy new.

Let me know.

Brandon

++Northern Version of Retard Row++

2. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

Used tires might be OK for a track day, but if you plan to be at all racey, bite the bullet and buy new.

It is cheaper then crashing.

3. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

First he spends all his money on a honeymoon, then he is considering buying a dirtbike, and now he wants to buy used tires!

Lessee here....

Tires first, dirtbike second. You know, you coulda gone to Gatlinburg like everyone else and had enough money left over to get tires AND the dirtbike!

Priorities, Brandon. Priorities! [​IMG]

BTW-A lightweight bike is way easier on tires than that R6 [​IMG]

4. NewRacer

I hate it when reason sits it......

I guess you are right, but I dont want ot admit it.......Anyone up fo rbuying me tires?????

5. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

I've got used SV tires:

1 set of 170/120 SuperCorsa DOT's
    (I've kept these around in case I needed intermediate rains.)

3 sets of 160/120 Slicks
    (You can use both sides of the slicks. With some sets, I've only flipped them once. [​IMG] )

Right now there's someone out there pounding their head, and pulling out their hair screaming, "Clark beats me on tires mounted the wrong way?!" [​IMG]

Anyway $75/set, you pay the S&H

I'm probably driving to Nelson(Cycle Therapy) this weekend, so I can bring them for your perusal.

6. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

Brandon, you know better than that. It's the last race (not counting the GNF). Buy new youngen'. Don't take that chance.

But, if worst comes to worst...

I have a set of Michelin Pilot softs DOT's with two practices and one race on them. Not Pirelli, but still better than not racing. 120/170 I've also got two sets of take off's, but I wouldn't let you use those...

Call my cell...

Shane Hubbard
    Emerge Racing

7. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

I your absolutely dying, I have a set of D207Gp's with 4 laps on them I was saving to put on my streetbike if I ever get the chance to wear the stock tires out.
    Used at last years GNF.
    Lap one – Warm up lap
    Lap 2 + 3 race
    Lap 4 spent in the crash truck.

I also have a new 207GP rear, never mounted nine take off fronts. Sold all the rears to a drag race shop and haven’t figured out how to get rid of the fronts without driving to Nelsons. I might build a tire wall at the bottom of the basement steps in case I slip.

8. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

Man, and I thought I was a cheapskate.

9. Hubbard

Cheapskate? I've seen your beer budjet. Far from cheap, you just have different priorities.

10. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

Brandon,check the classifieds.There is someone selling new tires and will be bringing them to Putnam. Pretty cheap too.

11. tattoo guy

tattoo guy Pimpus Maximus

'o' and Hubbard,Speck said he still wants his pop tarts!! [​IMG]

12. nicoloff

nicoloff Well-Known Member

Shane...newsbulletin....I finally bit the bullet and just ordered a used RS250 from GpStar along with Bryan Hoelzer(gray/primer NSR's). We are going to do Regional and I'm going to try to qualify for Road Atlanta,MidOhio,and another. I even lost 15lbs so far. I'm going to try it next year.

13. Hubbard

Congradulations, Chris. Glad you finally got a real 250. You never were a 4-stroke guy. Does this mean your going to be novice again? [​IMG]

Oh, and when do I get a ride? [​IMG]

We've got some news, too, I'll chat at 'ya at Putnam...

14. Hubbard

Speck's taken care of! So is Ago...

15. NewRacer

Someone else convert over??????? Whats up Shane????????

Anyone want to see pics of my TTR-125L? [​IMG]

16. Hubbard

But you don't have tire money?

Your priorities are screwed up, man...

I'll try and call you tomorrow, B.

17. NewRacer

I have tire money,(just didnt want to spend it [​IMG] ) I was just trying to get off cheap until you opened my eyes, that I HAVE to have new tires.

BTW, Credit doesnt require you to pay for it right away...... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. emerge racer

emerge racer Active Member

So what's the news Shane? It sounds bad me asking when we're teammates and live in the same town.

19. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Hey Chris. When will your 2fity be here?? Are they shipping in from Japan or already in US.. Are you going to Putnam this Sunday? Let me know. I guess I'll just have to race next year then. [​IMG]
    Shane (W.)

20. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

Whatsup Tony? Howd you do at Mesquito Ranch (Nelson)? Will you be at Putnam on Sunday. Hope so. I'm going to bring the ysr to see if we can get enough pit bikes to do a mock mini race. Should be fun as long as Nicolof doesnt bring his ysr 250!!!!