1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Condition of #818?

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by DAL, Aug 24, 2004.

1. DAL

DAL Active Member

Does anyone have any info on the racer who was taken away in the medivac helicopter on Sunday at VIR? It was in the HWT SB race (Race 2). I hope the injuries were less severe than the time taken to get him into the helicopter indicated.

2. STRIDR

STRIDR New Member

hagin in there

im his nephew he had a good hip surgey he is responding to basic commands thanks for your get well wishes my mom is going to see him thursday her username is hugapug she will know more than me

3. DAL

DAL Active Member

I am glad to hear he is doing better. Was the hip his only injury or were there others? We were worried that it was more serious than that due to the long time it took to get him into the helicopter. I hope that he is up and riding again soon.

4. gsxrr1k

gsxrr1k Active Member

are you talking about Porter on the rc51?????
    if you are he is on his way home from duke hospital.
    i talked to to my buddy charlie coleman and he is suppose to be going to ithaca for rehab on tues. 9/14.
    He hopefully will be fine still needs to get some of his memory back. I'll post if I have any more info, hopefully see him this week.

5. DAL

DAL Active Member

Yes I was talking about Porter. I am very glad that he is doing much better. The memory issue is something that will take some time. Hopefully he will have a full and rapid physical recovery. Porter is in my families prayers and I am glad to here that he is going to be closer to home for his rehab. Keep us posted on the progress and if there is anything that we can do.

6. mcmjbp

mcmjbp New Member

racer 818

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND KIND THOUGHTS YOU HAD ABOUT MY HUSBAND(818). HE WILL BE COMING HOME THIS FRIDAY 9/24/2004. hE STILL WILL BE HAVING THERAPY THRU THE HOME BU HE WILL BE HOME. I KNOW HE WAS GREATFULL FOR ALL THE KIND MESSAGES AND THOUGHTS ON THIS WEB PAGE. HE LOVED THE RACE THAT BIKE. PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS FOR THE DAYS TO COME. AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING CALLIE PORTER