1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely off topic: Clothes dryer vents

Discussion in 'General' started by Huey130, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I read in Popular mechanics about a "fan" that can be put inline of the hard vent line from a clothes dryer that has a long run to the outside vent.

This thing would sense the pressure or temp change and then kick on to help evacuate the dryer vent line, thus lowering drying time.

My dryer goes up the wall and then across a two car garae and then straight out. It takes a LONG time for it to do a normal size load and would maybe like to try this. But can't find any information about it.

Anyone have or had this? Or even simply heard about it?

Like this:
    http://www.continentalfan.com/axcdryer.htm

This was the article:
    http://popularmechanics.com/home_im...2004/8/install_powered_dryer_vent/print.phtml

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  2. Photo Dude

Photo Dude Well-Known Member

I've heard about them for long runs on a HeatPump.
    Thanks for the info I have a run that is about fifty feet and I believe that is what killed my old dryer.
    Any extra help to move that air will keep the condensation from building up.

3. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

I read the same article about a month ago while visiting my parents house. But, I do not know where to get the item. Check that article again to see if at the end they list locations to find it. You may want to check out Granger.

Crispy

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You invested much more time in the effort than I did.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

www.grainger.com or
    Grainger Catalog 395 page 3597
    Fan - stock no. 4YM39 - $248.50
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2004
  8. a dryer vent should not be over 20' long