1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dq's in LWTSS novice Summit

Discussion in 'General' started by CUDA, Aug 1, 2004.

1. clutchNthrottle

clutchNthrottle Fish and Chips Burner

That's a bit of an understatement. :rolleyes: "Hey Craig, pass me the uhhh, spinny thing... with the handle on it...." :Poke:

2. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Before this goes any further I owe a big apology to Clutch (Sean, I think it was). I jumped the gun man, thought it looked fishy, but if you were the only one willing to let them tear you down then good on ya. Especially cool that you unloaded and let them do it. :up: I owe you a beer at the GNF or Barber Nationals if you come down for them. :)

Sorry again bro...

Mongo, so will the bikes that didn't get torn down be banned from LWTSS until they prove their legality?

3. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

I am not mongo but, nobody. This is not a protest of one dude. Also, I am sure you don't have to take the cam out. Just let them see it. That is bad enough don't get me wrong, but let's not make it even worse than it is.

4. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Good Point!!

5. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Ohhhh....your finished beyatch...done, finito. How dare you disgrace my skilz with the tools...a spinny thing!

6. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Yeah Bill, even I learned somthing. It wasnt hard at all on a SV. No Cam removal, just the cover, gasket and some other cover. Spin the motor over to get the lobe where he can measure it and done. Tank removal also, but now I know how to do it for next time.

7. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Now even Clutch knows how to take his tank off using that spinny thing. And that "some other cover" Sean was the cam Bearing cap.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  8. crzyone33@aol.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I was a lwtSS novice rider in that race

I have not had time to read this hole thread, but I was in that race. I will have a big problem if I was DQ'd. I was never told to report to tech. I was about to finish dead last until, the rider ahead of me pulled off into pit lane right before the race was over. So in fact he let me beat him, and I didn't understand why until now. Shouldn't I have been notified that my bike needed to go to tech??? I did leave right after the race, because I was done for the day, but I was probally their for at leat 30 minutes after the race and heard nothing. I have never been teched before, and I have never finished in the top spots, so this is also new to me. Advice anyone, what do I do now??

9. DAL

DAL Active Member

Vinnie, Basically you are screwed. According to the rules if you did not tech you can't get the place. I don't understand how it works completely. If the top three are all DQ'd the the next three should need to tech because they are now in the top three. I do not know if that is right or not. If that is not right you can finish fourth with an illegal bike and win the race if the 3 in front of you were illegal. I know I will catch a raft of crap over my ignorance, but I have read the rules 3 times today and can not find the answer to this one.

10. crzyone33@aol.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

MONGO PLease read

Then somebody should have told me that I needed to do this in my opinion. I would never expect for anything like this to happen. The only reason I race this event was so I could qualify for the GNF. If I get DQ I am totally screwed and this is not right. Mongo how can I contact you to discuss this???

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Ross, if the top 3 are DQ then 4th will have to have his torn down or he will be DQ'd. If I hadnt of run into you then I wouldnt have known about it.

The easiest and fairest thing to do is like CCS. The top 3 have to go from post tech on the hot pit lane to the tech shed and have their machine torn down, at regionals and nationals, all SuperStock classes have to do this. If you have say a race two races later then the bike must stay at the tech shed if you cant get it torn down. It is good in a way. It keeps SS stuff SS....the whole point of the class.

I also believe that if you refused tech you cant do a SS race until you prove your machine again. Which means go tear it down in front of an official.

12. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

Arnie, your a funny biotch....anyone ever told ya that :D

13. DAL

DAL Active Member

The win was kept in the NESBA family Sean and that is what counts. I will do what ever is necessary to get the bike back to SS status even if it means tearing it down for the officials. I have a way to change my bike between races to make it SS legal and if I get at least 2 races in between and have a mechanic who is not tired with me I can have ram air on in time for the SB race. I don't know if Ram Air actually does anything but it makes you feel better about being out there with SV's that have 90 or more HP. It was a great weekend. All of our group stayed upright and we had some awesome finishes. And remembering that it is just for fun I still have the memories of pushing the 16 year old (Daniel) right up till the checkered. That is what it is all about. Guess I should have registered for LWT SB and taken 1st uncontested. Worked for me in HWT SB. See ya soon.

14. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

THREADJACK!

Hey Ross - I gave you $10 to make a copy of the tape from that NESBA VIR South Course trackday when Roach broke his arm . . . you never sent me my tape! I'll give you another two years, and then I'm gonna get mad . . .

:Poke:

:D

15. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Hey Ross! I'l give you $20 to burn that tape and any and all proof that Jordan ever rode with us ;) :D

16. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Don't play stupid. If you don't think Ram Air does anything, then I've got some swamp land I can sell you real cheap. ;)

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Re: MONGO PLease read

I agree! My fuel pump took a shit during the warm up lap, and I finished a lap down. I was not in position to get any contengency, so I never went to post tech.I had no idea this was going on.So I loaded and left.

18. DAL

DAL Active Member

The Ram Air comment was made kind of sarcastically because It seems strange that people think it does so much for performance that it should be deemed illegal while it is perfectly all right to have a Power Commander. A Power Commander will give a bike a great deal more power advantage than a simple Ram Air box. When the rule, I just found out, will not even allow the addition of a single flat washer under the front tank mount.

Once again, I do not disagree with the teardown rules or their intent. I do disagree with how it was implemented at this round of the Nationals. I have found out that in the business world that if I was going to implement something that was going to be contriversial (whether it should be or not) you must make sure that the implementation goes flawlessly so that no opening is left for bitching.

Again, I whole heartedly support the random teardown procedure. Just make it happen when it should and as it should. I feel sure that the next time it is done the problems that were experienced at Summit will not be repeated.

Thanks to everyone who made the Nationals weekend safe and fun. It is really about the fun!!!! Who am I kidding?? It is all about Winning----Points------Money-----and the girls and maybe not in that order. See ya'll next time.

19. CUDA

CUDA Well-Known Member

Does ram ain work on a bike with open flat slides. I would think not but I really don't know.

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Does it matter? I don't understand why people don't read the rulebook to figure out if their bike is legal or not before they race. Doesn't make sense.