Honda RS125 NX4 / CRF150R Kart Track Weapon

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by punchsponge, May 3, 2024.

1. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

For sale: Honda RS125 NX4 / CRF150R

To me, this is the ultimate kart track GP bike for anyone over about 3’6”, and an insanely good value compared to the Italian air-cooled 160s and 190s. I’ve had six RS125-based bikes over the years, including three NF4-based kart track bikes, and if you’re tired of corner campers who alter their lines when they hear a 2-stroke behind them, this is the bike that affords you the torque to adjust. With ease. Plenty of NF4s out there – and they’re cool - but with them you’re limited to an 80-85cc 2-stroke due to the horizontal shock orientation. Not with this bike, and it’s rare enough that I’ve only seen one other, ever, in a similar configuration. The last full season I ran it, 2018, it took the OMRL F1 Expert Championship with probably the slowest “Expert” on the grid, in any class, so a good rider could undoubtedly be very, very fast on this bike. That being said, it’s not perfect. Tires date back to pre-Covid. There’s a ding in the box section of the swingarm. Frame has a (nice) repair weld near the shock mount, (pictured). Radiator has been patched, twice. Bodywork is ultra-fast, in that you are not going to lose any sleep – or seconds – worrying about damaging it. On the other hand, the motor swap shows excellent craftsmanship and, in my opinion, the basic build is pretty wonderful all around. Back in the day, I put a lot of money into the bike: SP125Racing setback plates, lengthened subframe, fresh top end, etc. to make it fast and comfortable for a guy over 5’10”. I typically start it on rollers, but it push starts just fine. Spare parts are cheap and plentiful – in fact I have a garage stuffed with them and I’m willing to give first choice and a good deal to the eventual buyer. Bike comes with extra Sprocket Specialties gearing to accommodate any kart track and some spare bodywork that includes a good tail. Very happy to assist with shipping, but I will not hold the bike without a deposit. Downsizing, so I’m not really interested in trades aside from Desmoquatto Ducatis, which are sort of my new thing. Thanks for your time. Apologies - Link appears below because I've never had good luck sizing photos for this forum. JE

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2477696319099322