Comcast is Cumcastic

Discussion in 'General' started by pfhenry, May 1, 2024.

1. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why is that comcasts fault?

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

It's not. Just easier to blame them.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Reads to me it’s Bally Sports being the turd in this but if you believe the opposite, go on with your bad self, Leeroy Brown. :D

5. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I'll bet they (Comcast) are low balling them. Comcast Evil = Honda Evil IMO.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did you miss the bankruptcy part?

pfhenry likes this.
  8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I heard this morning that you can stream it using your comcast credentials from the bally site. Not sure if its true though...

9. YamahaRick

Did you miss that it was Comcast?

From Bally Sports (quote from link in @IL8APEX 's post above)

“It’s disappointing that Comcast rejected a proposed extension that would have kept our channels on the air and that Comcast indicated that it intends to pull the signals, preventing fans from watching their favorite local teams,” read the statement from Diamond Sports Group.

Comcast has refused to engage in substantive discussions despite Diamond offering terms similar to those reached with much larger distributors of ours. We are a fans-first company and will continue to seek an agreement with Comcast to restore broadcasts, and at this critical juncture for Diamond, we hope that Comcast will recognize the important and mutually beneficial role Diamond and RSNs play in the media ecosystem."

Legacy TV cable companies are losing customers faster than ever. This situation is an example why.

Nope.

pfhenry likes this.
  10. pfhenry

Direct TV and FUBO tv still offer the game on Bally.
    from the AJC article..

"The issue revolves around the price customers pay for regional sports networks.
    They are often the most expensive part of a customers cable bill.
    Comcast breaks down the fees on their bills. Typically, the RSNs are lightly
    watched by most cable consumers. Under the deal with Diamond,
    the content could not be moved to a preferred package,
    meaning all subscribers had to pay and not ones who chose to pay for the sports content."

I get MLB tv free every year because of Tmobile tuesdays but its blacked out... my cousin uses my account with a VPN to watch in Ecuador.
    Anybody keen on VPNs fooling a blackout restriction?

GMf-ed8WYAAnDsE.jpg

11. YamahaRick

I use DirecTV Stream, another alternative.

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Why the fuck does anyone pay their cable companies for three hours of napping?

Jed, socalrider, StaccatoFan and 2 others like this.
  13. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Here's one...

A year ago Red Bull (who's been broadcasting UCI World Cup Downhill Mountain Biking for like a decade), sold the rights to Warner Bros./Discovery, and it now costs money. That sucks, but I think, hey neat, well my wife has Discovery+ to watch all her brain melting reality tv crap and home/cooking shows. Wait a second, Discovery+ customers in the US don't get to see DH WC, its another service even though they own it. I'm not paying. Viewership is HORRIBLE last year compared to years before. As time goes on into the coming season that's about to start, Discovery partnering with HBO Max now? Randomly as fuck like 3 days ago, wife says, "why am I still paying for Discovery+ when its included in Max now? I'll just get that. She cancels Disco and gets Max. I go once again to the fine print of the numerous articles on: "How to watch DH WC thru the most convoluted mess known to man" where I see that it can be had thru Max. Sweet I think. WAIT WAIT, NOPE! STILL... need another add-on to Max to get it, which I shall not be paying for either, and is even MORE money than the last year by like double haha. Cause why not raise prices after a year of hateful scorn from the fans and add another sub-layer of another company trying to siphon profits off? So... how many companies does it take to ruin mountain bike racing? 5. The answer is 5. And counting.

pfhenry likes this.
  14. YamahaRick

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Television is a waste of time you'll never get back

I have Fubo during football season and then it gets cancelled. Had the house on HD antenna only for quite a while

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Man I don't miss cable. Only tv we pay for is netflix and subscriptions to MA, WSBK, and GP. We do also have and use Prime Video but only as a byproduct of having Prime for other purposes so I don't really count that one. And of the cable companies, Comcast is the absolute scummiest to deal with.

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Fuck those greedy bastards at Bally Sports. Haven't been able to watch the Wild for years because YTTV dropped them.

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Ive had HBO for a couple yrs now. In that time its merged with this and that and I can see the writing on the wall the fees are bound to dramatically increases before too long. Ill probably cancel next yr Ive seen a lot of what I wanted to watch and the other half is cringe lefty shit.

19. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Apparently it is possible to side load third party software on a streaming device, route it thru a vpn and use a real debrid service to open the world of streams. Not sure if entirely legal.

20. pfhenry

My buddy TJ got a new VPN to work on my MLBTV account... yet to see it in person... just a screenshot of his laptop.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.