MotoGP | 2024 | Race 4 | Spain | Jerez | April 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 22, 2024.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

In Fabio's (and the other riders Fernandez, Rins, Miller, and Digi) case, yes - they all set pressures knowing they'd be risking it and didn't really care about the consequences today - Miller being the only one with a remote shot at the title IMO.

2. younglion

Yup - but it was quite cool today, Jerez isn't a new/abrasive surface, and it was only 12 laps so the gamble on safety was minimal clearly.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, they were doing it all last year.

Mblashfield likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You don’t think the tire they used today for a sprint will be the same one they’ll use tomorrow for the main event, do you?

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Go back and watch the overhead/helicopter replay of it. Bez lunges on the inside of Binder and Bags in T1. Bez goes wide, Binder goes tight on the curb and at this point, Binder is ahead of Bags with no contact and Bags can clearly see Binder....then, Bez comes down and pinches Bags and they 'pancake' with Bags front wheel leaving a blackie on Bez's back. Binder never touched Bags.

It's pretty clear.

AJ and Quicktoy like this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So who has looked at the sprint lap times. Does Acosta have a pace to win?

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

MM93 has proven once again, that when he loses his shit, he does it in the biggest way possible! If the race had been another 10 laps he would have wiped out the remaining half of the field.

Dragginass and gapman789 like this.
  8. younglion

They were really slow according to Pecco post race.
    Riders were playing Russian roulette with the damp patches and they were constantly adjusting brake markers and lines through corners.

9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yup, just a 20 Amp circuit breaker is fine on 14 Ga wire..... :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I usually put the wire on the breaker, but you do you, boo.

(And 14ga copper has a rated ampacity of 20A…) :Poke:

11. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Jeezus tell us you’ve never raced before without telling us you’ve never raced…I guess you’re skilled enough to hit a damp patch on the track with slicks and not lose the front. You should be at least a 30 time motogp champion by now with that skill set.

AJ and younglion like this.
  12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Not to get in the middle of your handbag duel, but they generally do overall attendance for the weekend and include Friday.

27 likes this.
  13. cosp600rr

cosp600rr Well-Known Member

You better go back and watch the slowmo again and not from the helicopter. Binder hits Bagnaia's elbow when he came through, which then stood Bagnaia up and he then hit Bez. In the slowmo version its abundantly clear. My point is if it was MM93 you all would have crucified him but not a single word about it when its Binder.

Bugslayer, AJ, Quicktoy and 1 other person like this.
  14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Well one rider has a history of that sort of thing. It's a cumulative asshole award.....

AJ and gapman789 like this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Berm off every rider if it gets you to the front. If they can’t handle it then they should berm off you. I’ve been used as a berm and I’ve bermed. It’s racing ;)

younglion likes this.
  16. cosp600rr

cosp600rr Well-Known Member

He does.. but the only person he actually crashed out *today* was himself. LOL.

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was referring to the Mir barge.

18. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

If I was Pecco I might spit in binders tea :crackup:of course whilst he wasn't looking :D

cosp600rr likes this.
  19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Here we go LOL

Bez overcooked T1 going for a pass, Binder cut tight to the curb, Bags stood it up cuz 'binder' and Bez cut back across the track and they smacked...

Meantime, MM93 using other riders as berms to make the corners.

Yeah totally the same dude. Binder was down the inside AND ahead.

gapman789 likes this.
  20. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Lol. Lots of sandy vaginas after this race...:crackup:

BigBird and redtailracing like this.