MotoGP | 2024 | Race 4 | Spain | Jerez | April 26-28

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 22, 2024.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, it's on the Internet? Why didn't you say so? It must be true, then.

Out of curiosity, is it from the same people who will tell you that 200,000 people attended a race because some of them were there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and counted three times?

Robby-Bobby, 418 and aaronson like this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

He tends to get good launches. Hopefully they’ll bottleneck on the inside and he can ride around the outside in 1.

lopitt85 likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

my data was from Dorna but was 15 years ago… I’m really surprised it hasn’t gone up… that was from a real marketing report on last year published this month… those marketing reports are what companies use to put a number on partnerships…

depends on how you crunch it… tickets sold or media impressions… I always quote the Sun only attendance when I’m talking about it… the tricky part is how you split those tickets from media impressions… they also have 50M followers on socials…

don’t be salty because I’m moderately correct again :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
  4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Today was a better result than I expected for my favorite rider this weekend Pedrosa.

can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow

Jedb likes this.
  5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Without knowing the intent of the tire pressure rule, it’s seems so ridiculously dumb that it will never be gotten rid of. If they get rid of the rule everyone will know they were dumb for implementing it, so they will keep it to not appear dumb.
    Does every bike on the grid create/maintain/end up with the exact same tire pressures during a race?

is it obvious/definitive cheating if you come in with low pressure?

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Well then, the implications for November are troubling.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude you haven't proven shit! Again, the same people will tell you that they had 300k at Valencia last november.

And yeah, I'm sure they have 50 million followers. Never mind that many of them will follow on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Even the father, the son and the holy spirit are only one. But Ricky Uccio is four. OK...

The Great One and 418 like this.
  8. 418

418 Expert #59

Before any more tire pressure conundrum comments get made, the rules were made because people were running too low of tire pressure and it was tearing the tires up and it was a safety issue. People would come in to the pits after the race with a tire was completely shot and then blame the tire company for the fact that they ran 16psi in a tire that was never designed to do so.

I'm not exactly sure how this is even an argument at this point.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t know what we’re arguing about but I’m not interested in a disagreement.

I quoted a number provided by Dorna on household reach when talking about a stupid batmav skit…that’s the number they say they reach and that’s what the independent marketing report also says now as I quoted that quick search…

we agree that numbers are twisted and spun by marketing and promotion departments across the board across the world…

and you forgot the bot farms to boost followers too…

so I fail to see where the disagreement is as we agree on these things… but carry on if you must…

I’ll be over here being moderately correct as usual :D

10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So
    Sounds like a tire problem

418 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My bad. I should have known right off the bat that you were quoting a number that you didn't believe. Makes total sense. This is all my fault. :)

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Papa you mf’r :D

I got plenty of things in real life to piss me off quit trying to get me riled up on here too!

your original sentiment is the same as mine… they use the household reach to try to impress companies with potential viewership when everyone knows if they got 10% of that it would be incredible…

but it’s an industry standard and calculated by real numbers and used along with actual media impressions and you know this so cool it

let’s find something we disagree on to argue… I’m sure that list is long :)

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Phew! Good thing Fabio was able to even finish the race on that dangerously underinflated tire!

Blammo and notbostrom like this.
  14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

This year riders were updated on the new rules, and the window was lowered due to them asking for it, BUT, they now also have tire pressure info on the dash and they need to spend X amount of laps inside that pressure zone each race and the dash tells them when they've reached those laps needed and other info like if a front tire is getting too hot, etc...

Riders at the back of the grid gambled, Fabio started in 20-something place and he knew the chances of a podium were almost zero so decided (along with many others apparently) that they wanted to enjoy the race, rules and safety be damned - but a Sprint race in coolish temps was a great place to fuck around and hopefully not get found out.

The Great One, HPPT, 27 and 1 other person like this.
  15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Crazy sprint!! Seeing 3 bikes crash at the same time like that was pretty insane.

No respect being given to the #1 this year and its glorious! :D

MM93 should have received a larger penalty.

bleacht and Senna like this.
  16. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

One of the race engineers stated it rained, sun came out dryed the track, heated up and water starting seeping out randomly in different places just puddle roulette.

BigBird, AJ and younglion like this.
  17. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

So you’re saying if the tire pressure is low, it’s deliberate? Just learning.

18. notbostrom

Or the Yamaha doesn't go fast enough to generate heat and increase the temps

19. notbostrom

So what you are saying is the lower tire pressure gave him better lap times and didn't destroy his tire? Hmmmmmm

I guess teams could just under inflate and tell the rider he better haul ass or the pressure will be low and he'll get penalized LoL. Maybe that's what they have been doing with Mav

20. cosp600rr

cosp600rr Well-Known Member

So MM93 should get a bigger penalty for running into someone but you think its glorious that Binder cleans out Bagnaia? I cant believe nobody is up in arms about Binder... I mean if that had been MM93 the Beebs would have exploded with anger, insults and hatred.

Razr likes this.