1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2025 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

According to Speedweek - Pramac are reportedly in “advanced negotiations” to switch to Yamaha machinery in 2025

This would probably make VR46 the primary satellite team, and get Bez on a factory bike

27 likes this.
  2. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Strikes me as interesting that Yamaha’s brand-ambassador’s team isn’t a Yamaha satellite team.

27 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, he's part owner of Dainese and wears OMP and a Bell helmet in cages.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    BigBird and cbush like this.
  4. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Yeah but is he a Dainese “brand ambassador”?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

supposedly Yamaha was giving him a sweetheart deal, but VR46 ain't saving Yamaha again lol

27 and cbush like this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Taka never finished higher than 6th in the Moto2 championship. In 7 seasons he netted 2 race wins in Moto2. At least Ogua got to 2nd in the Moto2 championship, gaining 3 race wins in that year. It was a couple years ago, though.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean Taka has been riding the same POS that MM93 decided to abandon ship from. He was riding pretty decent before the Honda turned into a turd

SuddenBraking and stk0308 like this.
  8. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

If this happens, it will definitely shake up the grid. Isn't Fermin Aldeguer a contracted Ducati rider that was going to slot in at Pramac? What happens now?

Also, for kicks, IF VR46 swaps to Yamaha and they keep Morbidelli, that means he's right back where he started. LOL

cbush likes this.
  9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Fair, I'm just saying. There's a pattern developing here. Honda needs a home grown hope. Even if it's a small hope.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If only Morbidelli was riding for VR46.....

BigBird likes this.
  11. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I meant Pramac* my bad.

12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

News flash, Digi is kicking Bez’s ass right now and has been since towards the end of last year. Watch a Bez interview, he’s not exactly charismatic and colorful.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

one's a VR46 Academy rider, and the other isn't....pretty sure who has the upper hair

---------------------
    "Of course I would like a factory bike. I've proven to myself I'm still competitive."
    -Marc Marquez

27 likes this.
  14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Irregardless of a better result here and there, Marini was the better pickup for a big team. As one of the forum’s dedicated Rossi haters, I’m glad he’s not like him… :D

15. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Why don’t you like Rossi?

16. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Because Rossi told him “irregardless” isn’t a word.

CRA_Fizzer, Kevgentile, cbush and 5 others like this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Weird rumor is Yamaha just buying Gresini to get their satellite team.

18. 27

27 Well-Known Member

this didn’t age well… I know it’s practice… but he’s fast and happy today…. And VR46 is there… maybe he needed his mentor…. hope they both kick ass…

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I can see that being plausible. I can't imagine Nadia Padovini want's to continue this way forever. There has to be an exit plan, and if Yamaha is writing a cheque that is as good as any.

BigBird likes this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Interesting to see when Martin ends up because Aprilia apparently doesn't pay and KTM has the only rider they NEED to pay

IL8APEX likes this.