1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crackheads of Facebook Marketplace

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Apr 22, 2024.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I recently tore up a paver patio I built about 10 years ago. I’m replacing it with a bigger concrete slab.
    I listed the pavers for sale. First inquiry I got, guy said he’d take them but wouldn’t be able to pick them up for 2 weeks. Said he would paypal full price if I would hold them. Was skeptical but agreed. To my surprise, he did. Before I had a chance to take the listing down, I got a ‘still available?’ message. I told him they were sold. His response ‘Damn, bro…I was going to use them on my ex’. Glad I was able to stop a potential homicide.
    2 weeks go by and the original guy said his HOA didn’t approve his patio extension and said ‘oh well, my loss…feel free to resell them’. I reposted for $25 more, sold them full price the same day, and gave the original guy his money back.
    66.7% decent humans on this one, but I’ve certainly had my share.

Spooner, scottn, JCW and 5 others like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Or the CL ads that are titled “For Sale” (like, no shit Corky, you’ve listed it on CL in x section…. :rolleyes: )

Even better are the ones where they list the year, make and model, no pictures, and “contact for more info”.

How about “go fuck yourself”?

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its gotta be dudes listing stuff to shut up their wives. Nobody is that dumb.

4. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Not FB, but it's a classic...

[​IMG]

Spooner, KrooklynSV, scottn and 16 others like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

With all your travels around the world, you still believe THAT?

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

or call for price…. Fuck that too

BrentA and pickled egg like this.
  7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"Won't last long."

pickled egg likes this.
  8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Dude, Rodio has evolved this into a division 1 blood sport, he's a funny FB follow...

9. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yea most folks migrated over from FB to poshville site due to bots.

I think they may believe if they keep creating new sites the crazies won't follow. Hmmmm...

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The fact that it's listed as "free" but not really free is becoming more common and irks me probably more than it should. Do they think they're skirting taxes or something?

11. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Hi! Is it still available?

(crickets)
    BTW, that stupid bot button doesn't even need to exist! Just ASK whatever question you were gonna ask! If it's not available, you'll get that as an answer anyway. FFS!

Murcielago311 and Phl218 like this.
  12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Lemme just say this... this ridiculous non-sense FB post with no info:

FB Post.jpg

Turned into this after a few emails, a phone call, some haggling, a plane ticket, and a 1300 mile road trip:

Me993_1.jpg

And it was endearing and quaint, like right out of a movie. So you never know I guess haha.

I hit the guy up like, this is either gonna be a scam, or this is gonna be some fuckin boomer that has no idea how to use the internet. Guy sends me pics, vids, the VIN, i run a carfax and it all checks. Tells me his life story, how his first Porsche was in college and now he's 73 and just getting too old. Negotiate the price, buy a plane ticket, meet my buddy and drive to the MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE Louisiana to a farm. Immediately greeted by 3 playful doggos. Nicest old man ever. Buys me a new battery cause its dead. Drive back to MD over 2 days, car didn't skip a beat. Fixing a few things over the next month and we're good to go.

You never know sometimes...

AJ, RichB, beac83 and 17 others like this.
  13. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Had 2 and a half cubes of blocks left after building the house. Ended up donating them to the rifle range (and loading/unloading by hand) just to avoid what that guy has obviously gone through.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Congrats! Welcome to the 993 club :)

4A55B2F7-7D1B-4779-B3A4-13C5E292BA35_1_105_c.jpeg

AJ and Sweatypants like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He bought a boy's car. Different club.

16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't get it

17. BrentA