1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Lifetime member

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I feel I'm officially old now.

Do I get a bedazzled with rhinestones membership card now? Gold plated? Red carpet treatment when I roll my bike to tech? My membership "expires" in August but I started with WERA in 2013.

Actually, I'd just be really, really happy with the license being shrunk just like 2mm so it's the same standard credit card size so it fits in my wallet without having to trim it to the point where the lamination opens up and I have to "seal" it with clear shipping tape. :D

BigBird and mpusch like this.
  2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

My lifetime memberships is almost 20 years old.

Here's the new thing I have to figure out, I think my friend that runs the same number is about to get his lifetime membership. Now, I want to run a race just to mess with him. This could get complicated.

BigBird and 418 like this.
  3. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

What's scary is when you get your lifetime membership card and see that it has an expiration date. Do the folks at WERA HQ have a crystal ball or something? :oops:

4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty cool. Congrats

I'm two years out but I'm not sure if I had a multimonth gap for membership in there, even though I've raced every year since 2016. Guess I'll see if it counts in a couple years :D

BigBird likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My lifetime membership is 31 years old.

SpeedyE, stickboy274 and BigBird like this.
  6. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I'm not familiar with this. After so many years you get a lifetime membership?

I take it you still have to continue renewing? Is it the same fee?

ToofPic likes this.
  7. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

We could use a "Let Me :rtfrb: For You" app for times like these. :Poke:

If you keep a WERA license current for 10 consecutive years you can apply for a lifetime license that costs nothing the rest of your life. It does "expire" at the end of each decade, so it has to be renewed at that time by filling in the usual membership form and sending it in, but there are no fees.

BigBird likes this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I wish I could add up the times I've started and stopped and then started racing again in the last 27 years:D

SpeedyE, fzrkidd and ToofPic like this.
  9. Wheel Bearing

Closest I've come was my last deployment to Iraq/Syria from 2021-2022 but still made it happen. Quit making excuses! :D

10. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Such a nice man.

Steve Martin "Well excuse meeee!

gixxernaut likes this.
  11. Wheel Bearing

I knew about this but I just wanted to see if there was going to be a chance the membership card would ever actually be made to the same size of a credit card so it'll fit in my wallet...been a complaint of mine since....drum roll....2013 :cool:

12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm out there now:D

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Money is too easy to pass up. I'm just bummed I'm a little too young and missed out on the hay day of OIF/OEF as a retired .mil, working as a contractor.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, boss just sends out a letter every ten years to see if you are still around :D

Bob E. likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I hate it too but every time I price one of the fancy printers to do a cool license I go back to lamination of a business card ain't all that bad :crackup:

We used to do them on real credit card stock but it was done by hand on a machine you'd spin to get to each character then you'd pull a lever to imprint the card.

16. Wheel Bearing

I'm fine with the lamination, I mean the whole size of the card just needs to be made like 2 mm skinner so it'll fit in a normal wallet CC slot. I think the height is the same as a CC.

BigBird and mpusch like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, just can't find the right laminating pouches to do that one where they'll go around the card stock. By the time we hit custom stuff I may as well spend tons on the cool card printers.

18. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

If the clock starts at mini licenses then Brogan will hit his lifetime membership at age 22. :crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  19. fzrkidd

fzrkidd Well-Known Member

You and me both! :D

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I found one of those going through an old file cabinet a few years back. 1987 Novice 532.