1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Road Atlanta | April 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

MA Knocked it out of the park this weekend, the series just keeps getting better. 140+ entries and that's without STK 1000 or the Hooligans! They had us all moved in by 1130 which has got to be a record. The new ID's have QR codes so no stopping to sign a piece of paper every day.

Baggers- annoying concept but these are the Superbikes of today. They are trick as hell with all those cool parts, they are paying the bills and paying the riders. Embrace it. And the racing is pretty good!

The competitiveness of all of the classes is crazy, I don't want to hear any more bitching about it being a club race. At least 6-10 potential winners in every class, Supersport and Superbike half of the field could potentially win.

I'm also super proud of my buddies at TopPro and Tytlers / Mesa. That Kawi is out gunned this year. TopPro had a brutal test at Barber last week, crashed a Superbike, blew up a Superbike motor and 2 Aprilia motors, crashed a GSXR 750. Come to Atlanta a 3 days later and SDK gets 4th on a new team Superbike debut, a 4th in Supersport and a podium in Twins. Damn.

Sucks about the track cracking down, my advice is to move in Friday, you can probably bring in a beer truck and nobody will say anything. See Y'all at Barber!

Chazzz, t11ravis, TurboBlew and 14 others like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

Eat a Snickers.

We're asking because nothing has been shared and MA apparenlty didn't think it was important to share with his fans what he's up to this year. Which is fucking wild considering the amount of coverage he's gotten over last year breaking the record.

So that's how speculation and rumors start...

3. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

There are many ways acquisition takes place. I was attempting to be being polite :D

4. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

MotoAmerica is not Josh’s agent, they have no obligation to update us about whatever he is doing. A lot of what they share is sent to them by rider’s agents and / or teams.

HUGE fan of JH4, but where does venting to randoms all weekend get him?

ToofPic likes this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I get it. I'm as big of a fan of his as anyone on this board and absolutely want to know why he's not racing. It is indeed quite disappointing. But the dudes coming on here acting like they got some insider information and insinuating a bunch of shit without actually saying anything of value is just teenage drama bullshit.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I pulled my fortune 50, not 500, partnered semi truck team out of the paddock over this very issue with the business model as I refused to sell my rides… the current leadership said “if my parents hadn’t have been able to pay for my HD XR750 flat tracker I’d have never made it” I explained not all talented riders have money, or parents for that matter, and there should be an avenue for success for them…

7. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Is this the "bagger fan effect"? I can easily see a bunch of "security" randos getting all uptight about the biker hoards about to descend on them.

stk0308 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

First time the ghosts of Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper show up and throw down a Cannonball Run brawl, you’ll be damn glad the track security is confiscating the beer…

YamahaRick likes this.
  9. redtailracing

I suspect it has more to do with local scrutiny, liability concerns, and other similar issues. Road A security has gotten progressively tighter since back when the GNF was still being held there 15 years ago. I only got to experience a few years of GNF there before it was moved to Barber but even in my short window, there were noticeable differences year to year in the type of shit they allowed unfortunately. :(

PatricksDad likes this.
  10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

MA does have an obligation to the bottom line and that includes putting out information to their fans about the riders in the series. In my opinion, keeping the JH4 fans informed would be good for the series.
    Where did you get "venting to randoms all weekend"? We have a couple of guys on here that talked with JH over the weekend at the track and reported that he didn't appear happy and made some comments about his former ride. The rest is just muckraking on your part,
    I don't know the details and neither does anybody else other than the parties involved. I am glad that MS11 has a ride this season and sorry that JH4 does not. I hope that Hayes can put something together for the rest of the season or at least the rounds he wants to go to. I do wonder about his commitment/ contract with Yamaha, as I think that there have been some interim/replacement rides on other brands that he doesn't have. MP13 is going to run 2 MVs, but one of the riders isn't old enough. As a team and team owner, I would have loved to have Hayes on that bike for a couple of rounds to develop it. It seems that Escalante might be out for a round or 2, and would Hayes be en excellent fill in rider who could provide them with some valuable data?

I hope he gets a ride as the series is better with him in it.

418 likes this.
  11. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

I don’t feel like this was what I implied, and I’m sorry if I did. Loving racing and hurt that I’m not participating, while not understanding why would be what I intend. But this is racing. The team is an amazing one, as I have always preached, and I was happy for both the boys and Matty to turn it around on a difficult start to the weekend. It’s hard to watch someone have a ton of fun riding your girlfriend, but I’ve been around a while and seen it all. I just love racing. It’s been an incredibly long few months for our family between children, Daytona, and preparing Melissa’s program, and I’m exhausted and not dealing with my own situation well. It’s a first world ME problem. I also am aware of how blessed my racing life has been, and am thankful for every part of it. I think it’s pretty incredible to still be competitive, and have the fire and spirit at 49yrs old. But, I mean nothing ill will to my old team, and they made a solid decision in Matty, who is a very capable rider for their situation. I’m just sad that I’m not participating.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    cBJr, JJJerry, evakat and 41 others like this.
  12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Hayes wasn't the only one. It was sad to see Xavi without a ride either. The winningest rider ever, and a premier class champion getting stiffed doesn't smell right. I don't run either team and I don't know the inner workings so I don't have a say other than it's a disappointment for the fans.

13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

My apologies for posting this, Josh. I certainly regret it, and was frustrated I missed the 'editing window.'
    I also am sad you were not out there this weekend.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    YamahaRick and ToofPic like this.
  14. redtailracing

Well there you have it. And this is why I hate the speculative bullshit.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sucks.

418 likes this.
  16. hayes131

It’s all good. Transitions in life are difficult, and this one has been more difficult than most for me. I’m not handling this one particularly well. It’s an odd scenario to have your racing career stop (or not, who knows) once. But TWICE!? I’m pretty lucky. But also human.

evakat, Chazzz, 03RumbleBee and 9 others like this.
  17. hayes131

I need a WSS ride! Hahahaha!!

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know I tried, man. And if somebody gets hurt, I'm trying again.

cBJr, sanee, mdub048 and 6 others like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I totally agree.
    How about them together on a Hooligans team running Attack MT 09? That would be fun.

03RumbleBee and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It was a killer weekend..... Good Racing.... Good times and good weather until Sunday AM... crowds were the biggest I have seen in over a decade... Lots of Dumbassery taking place in Turn 3 from some campers including Crown Victoria Burnouts Thursday night when the cops were not there... Then a Wannabe stunter doing a 20 yard burnout in gravel only to skid on his lid in front of us... I asked him for a poster and autograph when he stood up.. If you are camping in turn 3 please just dont light off fireworks until 2 AM... Otis was pissed.. otis.jpg