1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Road Atlanta | April 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Roger looks the most like Earl more than any of the brothers.

Once a Wanker.. and StaccatoFan like this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

he’s got squirrel’s demeanor too… great kid

Dragginass and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  3. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

You're pretty much wrong about every assumption you just made but I really don't GAF.

Do you really think the president of the club just left without trying to contact MA? Calls weren't answered until hours later and the security guard with a bad attitude basically told him to GTF out of the Fan Zone. We are invited by MA every year because the bike display is quite popular, and the agreement is that we camp in that area for security. Thinks 25 perfectly restored bikes worth at least 10K each. We ain't parking them and walking away

No security approached me, I was entering the track and some teenager wanted to search my car. Yeah, that's just not going to happen without a badge.
    There was no mention of a camping fee or no alcohol policy in the paperwork I received and my friend had a reserved spot at T7 for his camper, so I didn't see the point in paying extra to stay in a spot that was already paid for, $250 plus his $90 tickets and I had weekend passes and weekend parking pass. It's not like we were trying to get in for free.

As for the alcohol, if the org says don't bring any in, I'm fine. But probably 90% of the racers I know have a couple of beers at the end of the day. Do they all have drinking problems according to your logic? If WERA or AHRMA were to institute that policy then I'm sure racers would honor it, just don't tell us when we are sitting at the gate to enter the track.

If that is a RA policy, then I know not to take it in, but the problem I have is that it's not the alcohol because they are selling it inside the track. The track is just trying to force you to buy their overpriced booze. I've been going to RA since the late '70s and this is something I have never dealt with, so I assume it's a new policy. It would just be nice if they let it be known before you get to the gate

83BSA and ToofPic like this.
  4. Hoffman900

The track will correctly tell you it’s in the fine print of your ticket.

I’m not saying you’re right or wrong, but the track calls the shots about what happens on their property, not the sanctioning body (leasing?) it. They will also tell you, and they are correct, that they have no obligation to point out how their T&C’s change year to year, and the review of that is part of the “contract” of you buying a ticket.

Norton 357 likes this.
  5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

ToofPic likes this.
  6. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Escalante injury update says broken wrist and compression fractures in L1,L2, and L4. No details other than “a collision with another rider after the finish”

7. Quicktoy

My old parts manager Rob Zerbesias was all the Hayden’s crew chief and lived with them for awhile. He would go on and on about how nice Roger Lee was. It was fun during bike week because the Bostrom brothers and the Hayden’s would stop by Bankston’s Kawasaki to see him and we’d all get to meet them.

Gino230 and 27 like this.
  8. Quicktoy

Funny how they wouldn’t show us that wreck. Glad he’s OKish.

9. PatricksDad

Pretty sure he’d have been ruled out for a concussion, even if any of the other stuff wasn’t as serious.

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. Hoffman900

He looked like he was walking rough. I bet that all really hurts when when the adrenaline dumped, and I have to imagine when medical got to him they told him to lay down.

Wishes for a speedy recovery. Any word on Baz?

11. PatricksDad

Baz wasn't out for warmup, so not sure what his status is.

12. Hoffman900

Just saw the RRW article, said Baz just did one recon lap.

JD is my wild card today in wet / mixed conditions. I know he wants to be up front in the dry, but the guy does have serious chops when things get slippery. Herrin will also be tough in the rain.

PatricksDad likes this.
  13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

We met the Chapins about 5 or 6 years ago when my son started racing NJMiniGP. Phil and Jody are SUPER nice people. Great parents. They've put their hearts and souls into Matt's racing dreams. Phil's been absolutely awesome teaching Matt and my son racing and racecraft. My kid doesn't always show a lot of emotions, but when he finally got his first NJMiniGP podium, he had tears in his eyes when he came in from the track and hugged me, then he ran over and hugged Phil.

Matt's an awesome smart kid, and I'm extremely happy to see a family of absolutely great people get what they have worked so hard for and deserve. Gives me some faith in that the world may come around and start making sense again.

cBJr, YamahaRick and redtailracing like this.
  14. Hoffman900

Track side video of Baz / Escalante here:

Dragginass and Quicktoy like this.
  15. PatricksDad

He's from my little town in Maryland. We've got three current pro athletes from the 84th biggest city in the state. Must be something in the water.

I love to hear about kids being able to make that jump and succeed.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. PatricksDad

Looks like he just came across and clipped Baz' tire. Wonder if Baz slowed down?

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Anyone got the scoop on what happened on the first start of twins yesterday? We got setup trackside to spectate right at the restart and it looks like Parrish didn’t restart (but had sector completions from the first start?), I read on fb that Rossi moor apparently crashed, and there was a flashy bus involved? No idea which, if any, of these things are related and what actually happened?

18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

What’s the wet grip like at ATL?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

That did seem ironic didn’t it.

Plug the fancy new mics in!!!!

t

ToofPic likes this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

It all works today. No idea what was up yesterday.