1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 03 | Pirelli Dutch Round | 19 - 21 APR

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Apr 16, 2024.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG] \
    POLE POSITION: Left
    LENGTH: 4.542 Km
    CORNERS: 18
    RIGHT CORNERS: 12
    LEFT CORNERS: 6
    START/FINISH STRAIGHT: 300 M

All times are Eastern
    upload_2024-4-16_9-6-38.png
    upload_2024-4-16_9-6-56.png
    upload_2024-4-16_9-7-18.png

I'm hoping for a finish similar to Edwards and Fogarty from years back.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Sad this falls on MA Road Atl weekend but I’ll catch up at the hotel Saturday night and watch Sundays races on Monday.

LESGO BIMMER BOYS!!!

borislav and evakat like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I wish wsbk had more races. It’s great racing this year. Can’t wait for this one.

grapemustard and Badger911GT3 like this.
  4. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Be nice if Barni pulled a rider from ASBK or BSB to fill in for Danilo who's sippin' soup these days - any word from them on this weekend?

5. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Love WSBK racing. Like to see GG do well. My prediction is quali around 10-12th, drop 2-3 places in first two laps, finish 8-10 in main races, 9-11 in superpole race.

Nicholas Spinelli (WSSP guy) is filling in for Petrucci.

younglion likes this.
  6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

With so many amazing riders you never know what can happen. Always pulling for GG.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

FP1 - Go GG!
    upload_2024-4-19_8-50-58.png

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

the racing this year has been epic already… I saw a stat that under Dorna’s umbrella MotoGP now has 5 times the audience of WSBK… that’s too bad as there should be enough market share to go around as there are damn sure enough great riders to race both series

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Yeah and the weekends don't overlap too often. I wonder why there's such a big difference?

10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I was really surprised too I could see 2-1 but 5-1… wow… has to be the TV packages pushed and pursued…

I wonder what the web subscription numbers are as those are the real fan base… bet they’re not 5-1

cav115 likes this.
  11. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

upload_2024-4-19_10-8-11.png

GG went slower, but it looks like it was bit wet.

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Motogp has 21 race weekends and wsbk has 11 I think. Plus other than Phillips Island, wsbk isn’t traveling the world like motogp is! Finally, they don’t want wsbk to be the star of the show.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Interesting comment from BMW team manager.
    “Setting the base and then Toprak joining the team and starting on that base, and what that did was confirm to us that we were on the right path. It also started to deter us from taking what the riders were requesting which is a different setup from the one we know is going to be best for long-race conditions. It just stabilised everything.”

One interpretation you could make is that the other riders are not getting parts to suit them moving forward.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Vee, know vat ist best for you!!!! Ja!!!

DJ Baker and prm like this.
  15. Quicktoy

Wet FP3 this morning. Great session. Everyone was improving every lap so really fun to watch. GG P4 and 2nd BMW. I’m about to watch superpole.

16. Quicktoy

When was the last time a rookie fill in rider won a WSBK race?

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If Toprak stays in the top 3 all year then every other Beemer rider is getting the axe after this year. It's embarrassing.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

This confirms that Germans are arrogant assholes, evidence of which I have observed first hand around the globe. If you hire a rider that can win on a bike that no one else can put on the podium, and suddenly your bike is competitive with only that rider, obviously your bike is perfect.

19. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Guess we can conclude GG is not good in the wet.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Mixed conditions are always difficult... but what a call on the inters!