1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2025 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yeah but, although I like him, I wrote Franky off…. I just don’t think he’s willing to put the risk in… I was hoping Zarco would have some Rinsesque flashes on the Honda…

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I honestly think Honda has gone backwards from the bike they were on last year.

27 and BigBird like this.
  3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Guess we could check to see what Taka and Joan's laptimes were last year at the same circuits and see? if similar conditions - be easy to see if they are faster, the same, or behind...

Small sample size so far and laptimes aren't 100% definitive but it'd be a good gauge for sure.

27 and Quicktoy like this.
  4. Quicktoy

I agree but am too lazy to lol.

5. younglion

I'm KINDA lazy but just looked at Portimao for '23 and '24:

- '23 top Hondas were 10th, 11th, 12th - 11 seconds back, 17, seconds back, and 18 seconds back (from the winner)
    - '24 - top Hondas were 12th, then 14th and 15th - 12th was 29 seconds behind the winner.

Qualifying:

'23 Marquez at a 1:37.2
    '24 was Zarco at a 1:39.0

In qualifying, Joan Mir was 1 second/lap slower this year than he was last year on the Repsol Honda - yowza.... 1:38.0 vs a 1:39.o

BigBird and 27 like this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

also gotta factor in that some guys are just running around collecting a paycheck at this point.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  7. younglion

Well considering that Taka and Mir are riding for their MotoGP lives, I'd assume they are putting their best efforts in, Zarco has a 2 year deal so he can breathe easier as does Marini I believe.

I don't think it's just coincidence that Maverick is on fire as Team Managers are currently figuring out who to make offers to and how many zero's get attached to that offer.

redtailracing and 27 like this.
  8. Quicktoy

Yay. I called it right with zero data.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude you’re cracking me up lately… thanks for the entertainment :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Why don’t you just blow him then? :Poke:

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

damn…. Don’t be feeling all left out… you’re still my favorite egg in this Humpty Dumpty dance theater of the Beeb :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    Quicktoy likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Maverick can't be on a Honda. He will rev that bike to 30K rpm after the first practice

SuddenBraking and younglion like this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

on his cool down lap after his win he was revving his Aprilia like a squid and I told my buddy…. “They’re going to fire him!” He went on a rant about Jarvis :D

BigBird likes this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let's say together who never did that. Close your eyes, imagine that I am right there with you holding your hand, and say it. I can help you get there. :D

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LOL don't do that to him. I don't even think he realized that he walked directly into that.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The one with the best number :D

cincigp likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:timeforabeer:

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Think I remember reading that’s a done deal - Taka out at the end of the season, Ogura in to take his place next year.

19. Quicktoy

Ghey

motion likes this.
  20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.