1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tying Down a bike, or 2 in the back of a truck

Discussion in 'General' started by RS250Ape, Apr 18, 2024.

1. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Agreed!! And if I can successfully scratch the shit out of a nice paint job,even better!! I made a mess outta my 1k,r6,
    and was even lucky enough to scratch up the mtn bike dragging all that shit out to CA.
    Luckily for me it rained alot,so I was constantly stopping to re adjust on the side of several busy interstates.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Rotella Ancra

3. TurboBlew

that issue was solved just after we landed on the moon...lol

4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've used canyon dancers (plastic cup type) with ratchet straps with zero issues. I still have them and use them on extra bikes when needed.

Then I switched to soft ties and cam buckles. Better, faster, less risk of over tightening...still zero issues.

I also have tied down from the passenger tger pegs, rear sets, frame, and lower tiple/ forks with no issues. On my track bike I added eyebolts where my passenger pegs used to be...again no issues.

Now I have 2 of the Pitbull TRS. While I still have all the other equipment, and never had a problem while using it...I wish I'd gotten the TRS from the beginning. It's so much faster, simpler, more secure...and no more checking on straps. The only thing I add is a bungee from the bar to the frame on each side so they minimize the front end flopping back and forth.

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Cycle Cynch's FTMFW

skidooboy likes this.
  6. TurboBlew

The TRS bends axles!!! :) (just kidding) The only thing that I dislike about the TRS is the lack of portability. That said if I could adapt it to my current hitch carrier I would. Which cracks me up because many decades ago I was getting my dirtbike carried with this
    on the bumper of an adults car...
    [​IMG]

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

my favorite... on the kickstand[​IMG]

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hell yeah! My dad had a set too. Tried to find an image of them carrying a motorcycle but this was the closest I could get:

upload_2024-4-20_10-17-13.png

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Here's how I tied down my 690 bringing it back from the dealership this morning.

Too lazy to bring my Baxley so used the corner as a wheel chock, and tied down with Rhino straps (with built in soft tie loops). Something not touched on in this thread (but mentioned in a very similar thread from a couple of months ago) is the value of having carabiners on the end of the straps. For me, it removes all concern about straps coming undone from hitting a big bump, etc. - really a game changer.

Oh, and the ramp and MX stand on either side of the rear wheel to reduce it moving (although I really have no concerns about it moving).

Attached Files:

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

tony 340 likes this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Baxley (Harbor freight knock off) + Canyon Dancer