1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel at Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I did call the track first, but the person wasn’t able to answer. Does anyone know if 93 octane gas at RA gas station is non-ethanol or 10%?

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The Sunoco 93 at their pump is 10% ethanol.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Bummer. Thanks for the info.

4. Hyperdyne

The Racetrac station here sells ethanol free but not sure of the octane. 5901 hwy 53 braselton ga 30517.

Honestly I would just give Chuck Ivey a call and see if he can get you some VP.

5. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

VP is way overkill for my street & dirtbikes, just trying to find a high-octane fuel that will not gum up quickly. I have a few bikes that sit for extended periods.

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

A lot of Qwik Trips in GA have ethanol-free 87 octane fuel but not all of them do. Marathon stations usually have 9o octane ethanol-free. I paid $4.45 a gallon last Sunday.

7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

8. Think it’s 90 octane.

9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

It wasn’t at the last two I’ve bought from. 88 octane on the pump

10. Hyperdyne

If you just want a stable fuel, just but the 98 or the 110. It will keep stable for quite a while.

11. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Depending on the area and company blends, some have volatiles that evaporate over time.
    The non eth is probably less volatile than exotic blends anyway.

12. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

any buccees i have stopped at has 93 non ethanol fyi.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

AND Beaver Nuggets!

14. Hyperdyne

Love some Buccees!

15. Maybe I’m thinking RT I stop at in SC on way home from work. I’m spoiled as I back up to a small airport and 100LL is just a short golf cart trip through woods behind my house and to the fuel pump. Even pay at the pump for my convenience. I’ll usually mix that with 90 or 87 non E (I test my non e fuel if I know it’s gonna sit, you’d be shocked how much water I’ve found in some). I use it mainly for peace of mind as I’d rather not melt a hole in a piston. I will run about 70% 100/ 30 non e in the dirt bikes if I’m not being lazy if I am I just run the 100. Smells better in the lawn equipment, pressure washer, golf cart, etc. :)

YamahaRick likes this.
  16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Don't forget to add a drop of this in the fuel as well, even in the engines with valves. Sexiest fragrance ever.

[​IMG]

Robin172 likes this.
  17. I know it’s not even close to as good as a ton of oils out there but on two of my exc 300’s that aren’t as high strung as the third one I’ll run Maxima castor. I run all my stuff on the rich size, both jetting and mixture. Once again, rather change a plug than a piston. My stock bore/ stroker 300ish gets treated to a diet that doesn’t smell as good but burns a lot cleaner. That bike likes to run really fat plus too much money into that bottom end and cases to f around just for smell.