1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2025 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Cam AND Joe on Trackhouse Ape's next year would be amazing!

They both know the circuits, they both have now had success battling up front in the deep Moto2 field, and they would both bring something unique other than their passports - Cam has experience with big power bikes and setting up electronics and would be the elder statesman on the team while Joe might have a tad more hunger as he has a lot to prove still, and they would both benefit from being back on a US-based team for family reasons and closeness to their inner circles.

I like Miquel and Raul has proven he's no joke in the class but if we're dreaming here - that'd be my dream Trackhouse lineup for next year.

Given the team would have a years data plus the Factory info - they'd be well positioned next year to have every opportunity to succeed.

2. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

Jarvis is a colossal asshole and I'm happy to see him leave 'eff Jarvis

3. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

27 likes this.
  4. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I could see JR16 but i dont think Cam wants to go. Id love to see GG get a shot.

cxd10 and grapemustard like this.
  5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I heard KTM may be entering the superbike street market, may be he will race that in WSBK

6. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

We all need to keep in mind that Justin Marks has said he'd like Trackhouse to have an American rider at some point. But that it has to be the right one. They aren't adamant about adding an American.

Miguel Olivera has won multiple Motogp races. Raul Fernandez finished 2nd in his one and only Moto2 season. As much as I root for JR16, he has a long way to go to show that he deserves a Trackhouse ride more than those 2.

Senna likes this.
  7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Two rookies for your MotoGP team? Sorry, not amazing. You need at least one experienced rider on the team.

BigBird and Circacee like this.
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Where did you hear that? They should bring back the RC8....and then start making spare parts for mine again.

cxd10 likes this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

this weekend at COTA. Speaking with some reps.

10. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I have a few friends with KTM 1290s and I keep saying that KTM should do a fully faired version with some revised geometry. It would sell.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They own MV and they produce a bike, that with some updating and a few million thrown at it would fit on the grid nicely.

stk0308 and ajcjr like this.
  12. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

This guy knows how fast those KTM’s disappear into the distance on a mountain day.

Bruce likes this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

In what alternate reality would that make sense? Based on his outstanding wild card appearance? His WSBK championships? His MA Superbike championships? His current points lead in WSBK?

14. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

It would be a better reality than Cam coming over.

15. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

MV people at COTA said they may be jumping in as well in a few years. Im assuming they would all share the KTM chassis with different motors.

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I always root for Garrett however IMO the only thing he has an advantage over Cam in is his willingness to be away from the US right now - otherwise if I'm a team manager looking for a proven, fast, and American rider it's CB all day every day.

17. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

How much input does Aprilia have with who rides the bikes for Trackhouse since Joe already told them to go pound sand?

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You mean Lynn

19. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Exactly. It's called the RC8R, but make it with the 1290. Not sure it would sell, as it didn't for the 7 years they made them. I still say they could bring that back with electronics and the updated motor, and still do well.

Bruce likes this.
  20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I personally think Garrett has the most raw talent of any American right now if he can ever figure out the part between the ears.

cxd10 and ajcjr like this.