1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louisville KY Locals: Q About I-65 Toll Charge

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Apr 14, 2024.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Every time I pass through the city on I-65, I see signs about tolls. Yet there are no collection booths or tag capturing cameras in plain sight. I've probably passed through a dozen times in the past few years, yet no bill has been sent to me via USPS.

Am I getting away with not paying, or is there now a warrant for my arrest in The Bluegrass State?

2. gsxr1000bill

gsxr1000bill Well-Known Member

There are cameras. They’re never picked up my motorcycle plates, but always get my cars. I have an account with my VW linked, so it reads the plates and bills my account. When I bought the corvette, I didn’t add it to the account, assuming they’d read the plate and link it to same account. They didn’t! They ended up sending 4 letters (I never received the first 3) but charged me with a ton of fees and was getting ready to send it to collections. I called and got a lot of the fees knocked off, but it was a 1.5 hour phone call. With all that said, they do have cameras, but I can’t help any more than that. Lol

YamahaRick likes this.
  3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

you can check by license plate # here:
    https://riverlink.etcchosted.com/

I usually cross on 265 and the cameras always pick me up. I hadn't received a bill after 2-3 crossings so I checked this site to avoid fines. I received the bills about 2 weeks after checking and paying. since then no issues with billing on the 3-4 times a year I am down that way. It may be different for out of state vehicles.

If you search Louisville KY bridges using bing it shows the camera locations. Google does not

YamahaRick likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Also keep in mind that there are major issues currently with the system screwing up billing. They sent me one two weeks ago under my name yet it showed a license plate that no one in my family has. It's a real problem here.

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

They have had problems ever since it was installed. There was a court case roughly 2-3 years ago about people paying the tolls then getting bills thereafter. It goes up significantly when not paid. They ended up having to pay back about $2.5M

rd400racer likes this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I got a letter a while back about a toll for riding across that bridge. Not paying it.

My brother lived there and drove that bridge everyday for almost 2 years to go to work and never paid. Of course he was driving on 2 year expired Ohio tags so who knows where they were sending those bills. That was right when they started it though.

7. Hyperdyne

I got a notice 2 weeks ago for a trip I made last October. LOL

cpettit likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yeah?

I checked my tolls from my recent journey. In three minutes, ten seconds I passed two wallet siphons in upstate NY. Tolls of 19¢ and 49¢.

Gonna take a while to recoup the costs of building that shit out :rolleyes:

9. Hyperdyne

Most of our tolls in the midwest are cashless anymore. Its all pay by plate. I bought the ipass which works in most states.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Now that you checked, they will be sure to look for your plate now...

People that don't use the bridges/tollways, don't check their plates.

11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Your brother might want to check his credit score if he cares...

My daughter was driving my old car there a couple years ago and my plate was still tied to the old address so I didn't get notices until the late fees had piled high. Don't know if they still offer this, but at that time if you signed up for an account they waived late fees.

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Been curious if there are places my IL ipass doesn't work, and how to know.
    I recently drove through South and North Carolina on a trip to Richmond Virginia. Waze asked me part way into SC if I wanted to consider an alternate and much quicker route that included tolls. My immediate reaction was to click 'no' as I didn't have my ipass in my new truck. I also had not linked my new plate to my ipass. After a bit, I called the other half and had her add my plate to our account. Never could find the toll route again, though. Where are these mythical toll roads in NC anyway, lol?

@Hyperdyne I am familiar with the ipass term. On the 'River Link' FAQ page it shows a map of states who's 'E-ZPass' works in KY. Illinois is shown. So is an ipass the same as an E-ZPass?
    ANSWER:
    The stickers will work in 19 states that are a part of the EZ-Pass system.

The system operates in Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Delaware, North Carolina, Massachussetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, and Florida.

EZ-Pass says Georgia will soon be joining the system.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  13. Hyperdyne

Yep. You just reload it. I called and was able to add my trailer to it as well which as nice.

14. Once a Wanker..

I have had two since they first added the electronic option. They've already upgraded both of ours to new style once and I just saw another revised one will be coming soon.

15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Rochester area?

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

The toll payment thing has gotten so out of hand with charges I never keep a real card on file. EZpass likes to arbitrairily replenish when you get down to $25.

Senna likes this.
  17. pickled egg

Syracuse.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You were only 150 miles from me, should have stopped in. Could have showed your girls a whole bunch of farm stuff.

19. pickled egg

We hoofed it up to Niagara to update our family photo.

Last one was in 2016.

See if you can figure out the difference. :D

Attached Files:

vfrket likes this.
  20. Once a Wanker..

Reading more on the Illinois Tollway site, I believe I need to get the new EZ-Pass sticker pass for it to work in all of the states they list, especially down here in GA, which was just recently added to the list of states.