1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 3 | USA | COTA | April 12-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Oh boy you don't get it the comparison. Regardless of the sport to excel at the very top level requires huge talent, strength, and discipline, and the Masters is the top top level, so the reason 1st gets you 3.6 mil.
    More to the point I watched both and was disappointed in the lack of fans at Cota and hence the sarcasm. And btw what's your handicap?

BigBird likes this.
  2. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Why are you force talking about golf in a Motogp thread on a motorcycle racing forum? And bragging about golfers earnings? After the most spectacular race at COTA since coming to COTA, WTF made you think about golf balls and handicaps? You thought about those things and came HERE and posted about them. And now you argue your strange AF point.
    How do you think you would be received going to a Masters forum and started force talking Motogp? You have like 7 pronouns, right? 9?

grapemustard likes this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Ducati doesn't want him on the current spec bike

cbush and Circacee like this.
  4. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was very Tacky.

cbush likes this.
  5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

FML...didn't verify the DVR was set up properly.....NaDa! :mad:

6. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

It's on Trutv tonight @ 2000.

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You must get invited to a lot of parties.

Blammo and Banditracer like this.
  8. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

He told our group with a big smile that it’s because at 25 your brain becomes fully developed, plus the team is so much more experienced now, so he and the team are working much better. He said he really likes the tires, and both he and Marcos said it makes for better races because having to manage the tire life allows for some strategy

kirk erlinger, Chino52405 and BigBird like this.
  9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I thought that was a great race. Was rooting for Pedro to pull off the win but Vindaloo wasn’t going to be stopped. If the Aprilia went like that every weekend I’d love it. Marquez did his usual win it or bin it move, seems he doesn’t have the first part down as good as he used to.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

BigBird and 03RumbleBee like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Tom Sykes.

12. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

The kid can really ride that bike and he is having fun doing it. He's not a loudmouthed king of the world wanna be like Jorge.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I would bet that even if Acosta started the season on an old spec KTM he is currently on a factory bike with GasGas bodywork. He is the real deal but it is funny how many want to pretend that he is on some clapped out POS. :crackup:

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A year-old MotoGP bike should never be considered a clapped-out POS. Well, maybe if it is a Honda. I would take my 2003 SV over one of those any day because while it may look like crap and be slow, but at least it won't try to kill me.

BigBird and Circacee like this.
  16. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Damn, that was a head shot if I’ve ever seen one :D

YoshiHNS and ungwaha like this.
  17. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I've never thought of myself as a MM93 fan. But given the difficulties he's experienced the last 4 years, and his story of taking a huge paycut to ride for a satellite team with his brother, I find myself rooting for him to win these early races. I was really bummed when he crashed yesterday, both because I was hoping he'd win, but also because it prevented a more battles for the lead.

Pedro is really looking like an astonishing talent. These first 3 weekends, he's consistently been the top KTM. And not just his results...but just watching him ride the bike...sliding it in ways almost no other Motogp rider does. I feel like the rest of the Motogp paddock had better do everything they can to with the 2024 championship, because assuming Pedro doesn't win it this year, it might be a long time before anyone else has a chance to win the title. How many titles Pedro will win seems to be less a question of his ability, and more a question of whether KTM can continue to give him a competitive bike.

cbush and BigBird like this.
  18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Dang, not a single jap bike in the top 10. That's pretty interesting.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We were watching and I said to sam “damn, hope Marquez wins this” and I meant it. Three corners later and he’s on his ear.
    I kept my mouth shut the rest of the race for the kid and Maverick.

Normally Spainish are immune to my curse. We had a deal! :D

20. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

When is MM going to stop sand bagging? Bold strategy to crash out of the lead. A shame he was on a POS bike and not the championship winning HRC Honda he's dominated COTA with for the last 8, 9 times?

cpettit likes this.