1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 3 | USA | COTA | April 12-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 1, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

And wow, Vinales' charge from 11th to 1st was something else, like he was on a different level. Its great to see that we don't have another year of the Ducati Cup.

DJ Baker, cbush, wsmc42 and 1 other person like this.
  2. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I've seen some good rides from Mav but this one looked like a totally different Mav. He and the bike looked as one. I hope this isn't a one off for him.

cbush, wsmc42, Senna and 1 other person like this.
  3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Who wants to be on the front straight? There's another motorsport for that type of viewing, it's called Drag Racing.

ajcjr, stk0308, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

+1...If he didn't DNF on the last lap at Portimao and finished 2nd, he'd be 2nd in the points, (-4)-ish to Marteene

I realize IF is a big word and there will be many in every race, all year long.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    BigBird, cbush, 5axis and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

The Harlem Globetrotter chic was a disaster.

“How much money you make”?

What an epic embarrassment.

cbush and Quicktoy like this.
  6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I forgot Binder was injured.

7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Raul F also had a good ride. He was 17th at one point and finished 10th.

BigBird and ShadowBoxer like this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Ok then there were more people on the 18th green for the winner to finish 30 minutes ago compared to 2/3rds of Cota attendees today

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Fyi the winner pockets 3.6 mil

10. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Maverick will make 24+ million Euros by next September, all for riding a motorcycle fast. Doesn’t even have to win.

11. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man all 3 classes were awesome today! Lets hope for more of the same of the rest of the season.

JRob looking strong to start the season too! Will he be the next American in motoGP? :D

ajcjr, cbush, Circacee and 1 other person like this.
  12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

So it takes more than 4 days? Hmmm

13. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Serious racing today. Great job, Roberts! Great job, Maverick! Acosta is coming up--we need a new talent like that. Great to watch Bastianini put it on Martin. Great day of racing.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What was the thing that has Roberts doing much better this year? Back to American? The switch to Pirellis?

and a question that comes from that, any reports on the differences between the Dunlops and Pirellis?

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

One wonders if he and Oliviera will swap bike....

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m starting to think Joe thought Italitrans was this amazing team coming off a Moto2 championship and I’m thinking it was more Bastianini than it was them. It sounds like they’ve got some great experienced guys now at American racing team.

17. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I don’t get Oliviera. Dude has had some great results in the past and is no where on the same bike that won todays race.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Are you stoned? Anyone can pick up a golf club and swing it at a ball. It takes serious commitment to race a motorcycle. So yeah, there's going to be a difference in market appeal and $$$.

BigBird and Dragginass like this.
  19. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

When he pulled that move on Pecco, I couldn't believe it was actually Maverick.

[​IMG]

cbush, SuddenBraking and Circacee like this.
  20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Do the rules allow for that? I thought once your bike was selected for the year that was it except for the one time aero change. (Honda and Yamaha can do more). That would be like M. Marquez getting the ‘24 midseason. There were discussions of Raul switching once Aprilia could produce additional 24s. I just don’t see how that is possible.