1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Juice

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawdog78, Apr 11, 2024.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I have 2 OJ Simpson Topps cards.
    One with Buffalo and one with the 49ers. I only remembered the second one. Don’t know I had a 1976 too.

Found I have a Larry Czobka from 78 too. He was a NY Giant.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Anyone besides me see the documentary with the convicted serial killer on death row in California who claimed that OJ hired him to commit the murders?

The jist of it was that the cops were so fixated on proving OJ committed the actual act that they ignored information they about this other guy. The physical evidence that tied OJ to the scene was supposedly from him coming by after to make sure it was done.

The guy making the claim was either executed or died in prison. I don't remember which.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He didn’t make a mockery of it…the cops destroyed the murder scene and ruined any chance they had of getting a guilty plea, not to mention the glove debacle. That verdict was 100% on the cops and prosecutors. In my opinion he did it but they royally screwed the pooch and he got away with it.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

On Social Media right before he died he posted "Yea I did it". His family removed the tweet later in the day today. Saw a screenshot of the tweet. Who knows if its real or not.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Yet you dont understand the outrage many have for him, over what he did to the victims, their families, friends, co-workers, or the public that were drawn into this by the media coverage? You referenced rape, murdering kids but, murdering your ex, and her possible new interest is not worth being upset over? I respect and like a lot of what you say, type but... that makes no sense to me. Yes, he was good at a game but, after that, he was a piece of trash. He really doesnt deserve any media attention at all, in my opinion. Ski

ToofPic and tony 340 like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I think you’re missing my point… I never defended him or implied anything positive about him… but for guys to harbor hate seemingly for someone they’ve never encountered is just unhealthy I think… I have plenty of issues with real things that have effected me and ones I love and that alone is tolling on anyone… if I had that same level of disdain for every horrible thing I know or read about it would be catastrophic to my health I’m sure…

I have a buddy that is the same about Putin… goes off the deep end nonstop about him… all because he was fooled by media into a cycle of obsession about him… just like the media did with OJ…

maybe I have too many personal things that occupy my energy… but I won’t spend any on things that don’t effect me directly… hope the same for others

(And I need to review affect and effect, always mix them up)

DaveB and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You act like people run around hating him all day. That was a 1 minute period of time wishing him ill will and that's the only minute of time it has consumed in the last 20 years. I hope it is a large pineapple.

9. Pride & Joy

Pride & Joy Well-Known Member

I wonder if OJ would have been convicted, would we have been spared from the subsequent Kardashian and Jenner buffoonery?

stk0308, cbush and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Good sub plot for the next Butterfly Effect Movie.

I always felt the worst for Ron Goldman- he was like a waiter that went over there to return her purse or something.

ToofPic, CBRRRRR999 and tony 340 like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry, but that's like women being mad at the "other" woman instead of kicking their cheating scum of a husband to the curb. In this analogy, the husband is the LAPD and district Atty. office.

That worthless murdering piece of shit used the system fair and square. He didn't make a mockery of it, he put it on display.

Fortunately, he wasn't smart enough to know when to quit and ended up spending nine of his best golfing years in prison anyway. And then cancer said "my turn."

CBRRRRR999, gixxerboy55 and tony 340 like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He was “involved@ with that mess if you consider that 6 degrees of Kevin bacon crap.

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Only if OJ was convicted of murdering Ryan Seacrest back in 1994. That unholy demon is responsible for that insanity. At least OJ had a talent to become famous unlike the Kardashians.

To add to that insanity, I saw a mention that Bru err Caitlyn Jenner posted Good Riddance wrt OJ dying, then the internet exacted it's justice, reminding her(him) about a certain accident Jenner caused that resulted in a death. You can't make this shit up.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  14. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

We have to be related lol.

Yeah, I refuse to believe in any system or God would keep score like that.
    The butterfly effect/unintended consequences reference earlier reminded me that all of us are potentially as guilty somehow whether or not we have malicious intent. Any further along that line of reasoning would get very much into forbidden territory though.

27 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wouldn't presume to speak for the OP but I would be surprised if this was intended as a RIP thread. :)

Out of curiosity, where do you rank almost severing the heads of the mother of one's children and of a stranger who just happens to be there to help her with something? You've established that it doesn't compare to child molestation but for instance, would you say it's worse than kicking a dog? :Poke:

cbush likes this.
  16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on the situation…. And the dog :D but child molesters are at the top of my torture list… rapists next… cold blooded murderers top 5 I guess… special consideration for anything that hurts kids…

I didn’t follow any of the OJ shit and don’t care… two dead people is all I know… what I saw in passing looked ridiculous like if the glove doesn’t fit you must acquit bullshit…

World needs more silent slingblades and less media sensationalism

alright it’s GP weekend… let’s focus! :Poke:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  17. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah a lot of hate here.
    OJ was really a likable guy when he wasn't chopping somebody's head off.
    The verdict was basically payback for Rodney King,
    Darryl Gates was a lousy chief.
    They moved the trial, for the cops out of LA to white flight Simi valley.

27 likes this.
  18. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Wow, I didn't hate him that much. Until you brought that up! You're so right:Puke:

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

:crackup:everyone has their days I suppose.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The dick gobler didn't become famous because she was O.J.-adjacent. It was Paris Hilton who put her on the pop culture map.