1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any EZGO PDS experts?

Discussion in 'General' started by CRA_Fizzer, Apr 10, 2024.

1. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

2005 TXT PDS 36Volt.
    Will only go in reverse. It will try to go forward but has no power. Solenoid is obviously working. FWD/REV is handled in the controller from my understanding.
    It had the red personality plug installed so I took it off in case that might have been the issue.
    Is the controller bad? It has a Curtis 73326G06.

2. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Does it have one of these? Not sure about the model differences, or what my model is, but I have an 05 EzGo 36v. The crimp terminals on these things were never water-proofed, so they corroded. Then that creates more resistance, then more resistance creates more heat, and its just a downward spiral until the smoking happens. These contacts to switch between forward and reverse are on a fiberglass plate. The fiberglass plate burns, and the contacts become loose, and no longer make contact. I just replaced one of these things in my moms golf cart a few weeks ago, hers wouldn’t go into reverse. Easy fix if this is what you have.

Attached Files:

3. CRA_Fizzer

Nope, that's an non PDS. FWD/REV is on the dash for a PDS.

4. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Gotcha. If all the heavy cable connections have been verified as good, and clean, then yea, it’s probably that controller.

5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I have a Curtis 1311-4401 programmer, if you can figure out if it will work with that model.

6. CRA_Fizzer

Screw it. I ordered a new one. Only $160.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

Fat stacks yo.

ChemGuy likes this.