1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rwdfun

rwdfun

Thanks for entertaining my SAP rant but back to F1

So we are all on board with blaming Bagnaia for that 1st lap crash, right? I just want to make sure I’m lock step with the beeb.

Also, very very surprised Williams didn’t give Albon the spare car that didn’t crash on lap 1. Was there not enough time before the restart to swap driver seats?

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Weird, another boring ass race...
    Please don't do this to MotoGP.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I didn't find this race boring at all. Lots of different strategies, plans changing on the fly, lots of passing, drivers making mistakes. Ferrari actually got the strat right for BOTH cars!!

4. CRA_Fizzer

And Max won by how much again...

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Have you forgotten the Rossi years?

7. CRA_Fizzer

Now don't go bringing logic into this. :)

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Or worse, the Doohan years.

ungwaha likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Aston offered that much money, or he thinks the Merc is THAT bad.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do we know that they wanted him?

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I dont think there is a chance in the world that if Alonso said I want to go to Mercedes they wouldnt make it happen.

CBRRRRR999 and DrA5 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I strongly disagree. At this stage, I don't believe he brings anything more than Carlos Sainz. Well, other than locker room cancer.

If Mercedes want experience, they hire Sainz. If they want to gamble on pure talent, they shorten Antonelli's F2 career and move him up next year. They absolutely do not need Alonso.

motion and brex like this.
  15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Exactly. Of the most probable replacements for Hamilton; Sainz, Checo, Alonso (before re-signing), and Danny Rick, Alonso is by far is the most marketable person for the seat, and I think he has some juice left in him. His mental aspect is leaps and bounds above all other races with his in-seat race analysis and strategy.

quikie likes this.
  16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Shocker, Papa and I disagree. :D:p:crackup:

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hasn’t it been like 10 years since Alonso last won a race? Mercedes is definitely going with the youth movement. They don’t have a car capable of winning and seemingly won’t for a few more years. Better to put a youngster in there and let him grow into the future.

brex likes this.
  18. rwdfun

rwdfun

More of a shocker that he and I agree on Alonso being a cancer. I’m positive Alonso would drive for free to get a seat where he wasn’t the Stroll family bitch. I’ll enjoy watching Alonso continue to eat humble pie.

19. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Doohan was a beast and did things no one else could come close to doing. His mind games were so good that he convinced the other Honda riders to change their engine configurations to something that only he could ride. They wanted to amputate his leg and he said eff you, I’ll get it fixed my way and come back stronger and better than before.

418 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!