1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

You got a dealer that stocks stuff? anywhere in the east? Charlotte does not have nothin

2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Haha nope, I'm in KC. We have this place which is where I've bought most of my stuff and they are f'ing awesome. The sales staff truly knows their shit and they have great stuff in stock and have pretty much all the big brands and some smaller stuff too. I mean you can't walk in and get a Submariner but most other brands they do keep good inventory.

www.mjewelry.com

3. Critter

Critter Registered

I am going to have to start shopping in Vegas when I go there,but they are clueless asshats when I have been into the shops there.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Omega Flightmaster

[​IMG]

Omega Seamaster 300 probably like this one...

[​IMG]

And hookers and blow with the other 5-10K.

DucatiBomber, Jed and Spooner like this.
  6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Pro tip:

If you have enough blow, the hookers show up for free.

A. Barrister and ChemGuy like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A great gateway is an Oris. Then you move on to Tudor (you’re hooked and not going Tag) and then omega, IWC or pre owned Rolex. You’re now a junkie.

I kicked when I was thinking a Patek was a good enough alternative to the Big Pilot that I had to “get on the list” for. :D

8. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

For a 25k budget I'm grabbing a full set.

1: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch

2: Cartier Tank (the new Must XL or pick your poison of yhe endless vintage tanks)

3: Submariner (new, maybe no date idk)

4: Grand Seiko -probably a snowflake, but like the Cartier, pick your poison.. there are tons of fantastic choices around 5k)

5: Casio 158G (gold OG digital, because I'm sure I'll have 40 bucks left)

If I played my hand right I could maybe score all these as new watches and I honestly think it would be a hell of a rounded collection.

9. Critter

Critter Registered

Speaking of Grand Seiko I am thinking of this piece here they only made 500, it's not super popular, but that's kinda my thing, I like watches with a brand with history, or complications, or super accurate, that's why I am starting to look at GS.
    Grand Seiko Sport Collection Limited Edition SBGC231
    Screenshot_20240405_203941_Chrome (002).jpg

Seiko likes this.
  10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

11. Critter

Critter Registered

12. worthless

13. Critter

Critter Registered

I know I like the Ti case, but HATE straps of any kind

14. worthless

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I’ve been considering buying a Grand Seiko as a goodbye present to my time living here in Japan. I’ve looked around at some including a boutique shop in Osaka but haven’t seen this one. It looks great but I’d love to see it in person. Regarding the boutique shop, they were so nice to work with. I looked through the catalog with them and found one I liked that they didn’t have in the store. So they put us up in a back room with some food and drinks while we waited for a courier to deliver from another store. Very cool experience, but luckily for my bank account that it didn’t look good on me.

RichB likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Correction it's not a auto

17. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

There's a few more classic GS at my local store, they look amazing in person.but I didn't try on wrist. Some watches look good in pics and so-so in person. Pleasingly I've found seikos to usually be the opposite and can have serious wow factor in person. Well mostly

cBJr likes this.
  18. Critter

Critter Registered

Check out GMT if you are in Tokyo they have a TON of listings on Chrono24

cBJr likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rolex Deep Sea Blue. Love the look and given how my dads worked as his daily for 40+ years I trust the quality.

20. Jed

Jed mellifluous

cBJr and RichB like this.