1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben Spies....

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Apr 4, 2024.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I commend your glass-half-full attitude! :D

Sabre699, Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i didn't remember him being a Top 3 or anything like that. I remember people said they were impressed.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Dude! I considered the source… way more Nobel prizes are given out than Moderately Accurate ones from you :D should I expect a cool million or has inflation increased the prize money part?

and you alright man? Two compliments in one day?!? ;)

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

7th in mixed/rain conditions iirc

5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Who in the world has done a 1-off ride and podiumed at the top level? What were we expecting of JH? I think 7th in mixed conditions, showed how high a level he was at compared to others at that time. Wish he had another shot.

27 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Still Bayliss :Poke:

Sweatypants, Sabre699 and 27 like this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Hey Man!!! Don’t be putting a negative spin on me informing him on were Josh finished on his kick ass incredible ride!!! The fact that I remember the race at all let alone his 7th place says it was impressive…

I don’t know him well and he doesn’t need anyone to toot his horn… but… when I got hurt at Daytona in the first superbike session in 09 and went right to Halifax for the MRI and was trying to figure out what to do with my new that year Toyota partnered semi truck team… at dinner that night at the Italian place we all go to humble Josh walks up to our table and wishes me well giving me his Drs’ info…. I think that’s the first time we ever spoke to each other although we’d been in the same paddocks for years our paths never crossed…. so be good to one another because the acts of kindness are what we all remember ;)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  8. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Bayliss had time on the bike before. Not the same comparison.

9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Actually, I meant to reply to Sweatyballs AND you, but didn't know how to do both.

27 likes this.
  10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hacking, 2008 Laguna Seca in 11th on the Kawasaki.

cpettit likes this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

now this has spun around full circle… how was Ben’s finish on the Suzuki GP at Indy? Was it only that one round? Iirc it was supposed to be more but it fell apart for whatever reason…

I always thought the Kawi GP bike was cool, forgot about Hacker riding it… didn’t someone else too? Rog maybe? I think BBoz rode the LCR at Laguna too… when he rode for MJ some strings were pulled iirc

12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I remember both BBoz and Miguel riding a Honda wildcard at Laguna, don't recall how BBoz did. I will need to do more googling.

Edit: Ben Spies was 8th in that same 2008 Laguna race on a Suzuki, and 6th at Indy. Miguel DNF'd the 2007 Laguna event on the Honda, as did Kurtis Roberts on his dad's bike. In 2007, RLH grabbed a tenth on the Kawasaki.
    BBoz crashed out of Laguna in 2011 on the LCR Honda.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    27 likes this.
  13. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

brex likes this.
  14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

RLH didn’t do too bad either

15. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Best thing that happened to Josh Hayes was his year or two in World Supersport, IMO. He rose to that level of competition there and never looked back.

Both Bostroms had a short runs in WSBK and their riding improved tremendously when he came back to the US. Ben's Ducati with the Evil Knievel (sp?) strips and flames on it
    has to be one of the coolest bikes of all time.

And Kayla is the sweetest bubbly young lady you'll ever meet. Got to Nelson in 2020 and as we were unloading the Ohvales, a little stick figure girl with a haystack of red curly hair under a Michelin hat pulls up on a Razr scooter and chats it up with myself and Alex like we've known each other forever. I liked her immediately. Just know one thing..when that helmet goes on and the visor goes down...that's a little red headed assassin. She races clean...But she's aggressive and takes no prisoners. The killer instinct is strong in that one.

PatricksDad likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

When did Josh Hayes run World Supersport for 1-2 years?

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I had to look it up, so:

https://www.worldsbk.com/en/rider/Josh+Hayes/1795

For some reason I thought it was a season or two...sorry. It seemed like he was overseas with PARKLAGAR for a while.