1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KTM takes control of MV Augusta

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Apr 3, 2024.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Just like they did with Husky and GasGas, first a partnership, then buyout.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. rwdfun

rwdfun

Dorna wouldn’t allow a 5th and 6th KTM bike but they allow Ducati to have a dozen? Why?

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

They said 2027. Im a MM fan, but in 2027 I dont see happening. I give him 2 more competitive years. I can't see him being the type to run around in the back of the grid on the best bike circulating to sell hats and shirts. I think when he realizes he can no longer win, the fun will be gone and he will do something else fun.

smooth, Once a Wanker.. and BlueR32 like this.
  5. stk0308

I believe DORNA said they were holding the "last" team space on the grid for another manufacturer they were supposedly in talks with. Ducati is already there.

6. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I seem to recall the main reason why they don't want to add grid spots, is the exponential increase in shipping expenses. Not sure if that means another plane, or two, to transport the needs of the extra team. Dorna subsidizes a lot of that stuff.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

BMW

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because the teams leasing the Ducatis already had grid slots and Ducati would lease them bikes. Cheaper and better bikes versus Yamaha and Honder.
    Plus most of the riders are paid by Ducati so why would you lease anything else?

Yeah, KTM followed suit with contracting the riders and I doubt Herve is paying much of anything for his KTMs but still, would you run a 2 year old Ducati or an almost factory KTM?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We’ve been hearing that “new manufacturers are interested in motogp” shit for years now.
    Kawasaki is not interested. Suzuki pulled out and I doubt will ever be back (unless KTM buys them) and the bmw bullshit has been spewed for decades.

Once a Wanker.. and stk0308 like this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

A new bike spec levels the playing field a bit, and makes it easier for a manufacturer on the outside to jump in. Trying to jump in now and you'd be better off lighting the money directly on fire.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Will we see an MV Agusta branded RC16 on the MotoGP grid soon?

12. grapemustard

grapemustard Well-Known Member

seems like if ktm wanted more bikes in the top class, they could just do a husky version now and not have to wait for MV later

[​IMG]

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

KTM already tried that.

Once a Wanker.. and stk0308 like this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Ja. Dis is the Austrian vay of doing things...going back to 'partnerships' started by another Austrian based guy around 1938....or so.
    Hopefully this one works out better than that Austrian/Italian combo did.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Meh, saw a whole stack of them MV's in the warehouse out west...none of them did much for my soul....
    However that RC8c...when I sat on it...Mmmmmmm, I just wanted to roll it out..and RIDE It.

16. stk0308

If DORNA have any say in it, no. They already refused a Husky RC16. So an MV Agusta RC16 would also be out.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

But Giacomo Agostini rode one :eek::rolleyes:

stk0308 likes this.