1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is going to screw up traffic

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Mar 26, 2024.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It's not hard to see who thought the airplane wouldn't take off from the treadmill.

brex and pickled egg like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well? Have you dolts figgered out how to fix it yet?

4. pickled egg

You’re the rigger, get your ass to work!

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

[​IMG]
    Hey, I'm sitting on my ass on my couch and know all about that shit.

I personally am responsible for a 40' long black stripe along the hull of the Mercy as we were helping her out of the dock after a fresh paint job. She was on her way to Haiti iirc.

And I almost steered a 110' tug into a pier at around 2AM. All those lights start looking the same.

:D

Attached Files:

• 1.jpeg
      1.jpeg
      File size:
      71.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    tony 340 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  6. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

So, I just had a rather energetic conversation about this with my brother. We have a difference of opinion on whether this was an accident or purposeful.

For me, this was an accident. I'm more inclined to listen to the folks who have experience on container ships, including what the several members posting here had to say about it.

For my brother, this was purposeful as he's inclined to hear what a Navy officer (unknown if current or former) on YT has to say along with other unnamed sources of where he finds his info.

As a result of that conversation I am wondering, if this were a purposeful collision:

From a war strategy standpoint, what would be the idea behind creating this situation under the guise of an accident?

And if this was done purposefully, who is responsible?

7. pickled egg

Well, if it was an intentional act, passing it off as an accident, while doing untold economic and logistical damage to the US economy could certainly be in the best interests of those who aren’t exactly looking out for the well-being of my fellow Americans

969 likes this.
  8. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

I suggest reading this to get an idea of the scope of convoluted evil governments and independent actors are willing go through to inflict damage on real or perceived enemies. I read this in high just before I joined the USN and participated in shady shit in the name of democracy ( and somebody's profits ) Beyond prophecy and conspiracy, it is beautiful piece of a dystopian future we live in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cool_War

27 likes this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

You keep throwing out there all these anecdotal stories of your so-called “experience” but I think you’re full of shit…

I ain’t heard ONE dirty sailor’s limerick out of you YET!

Jed and dtalbott like this.
  11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

If it was intentional, the baby_eating_peadophile_deep_state cabal's timing sucked.

A morning rush hour affair would have been more destructive.

969 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  12. pickled egg

Not surprisingly, the subtlety of incrementalism and the inability to grok “unintended consequences” <wink-wink>, grossly exceed your synaptic capacity… :Poke:

13. pickled egg

It happened in Baltimore, not Nantucket. :rolleyes:

14. auminer

Lend me your ear...

:crackup:

dtalbott likes this.
  15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed, terrorism and incrementalism go hand in hand. Where was my mind.....

There, you've proved it beyond any doubts, it must have been an accident.

Praise your brilliance! (and please pass the baby sauce)...

16. auminer

See there! Your Teflon coating made it easier for you to remove your cranium from your rectum. :clap:

17. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Watching the lights flicker twice and also the smoke puf
    Rookies.:crackup:

The guys on the Buffalo hit the fucking Detroit lighthouse (in Monroe) while on autopilot. Surprised they didn't sink. Made a massive hole.

Jed likes this.
  18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Y'all ain't ready for the stories I've heard in meetings from captains, pilots and surgeons.
    I'm surprised there aren't more mass casualties, not that there are some.

19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rebel635 and pickled egg like this.
  20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So, you are saying a bridge designed in 1972 doesn't meet today's safety standards. I am shocked! :eek: Next you are going to tell me a 1972 Mustang doesn't meet today's safety and crash standards. Say it isn't so!

stk0308 and CBRRRRR999 like this.