1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is going to screw up traffic

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Mar 26, 2024.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm actually surprised it took four pages for this to go Alex Jones....

Spooner, backbone, R1Racer99 and 5 others like this.
  2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I figured it would have gone that way in the 2nd post.

Once a Wanker.. and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It only took until post #9, but that guy never met a conspiracy theory he didn't like.

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

What!?!!?

And yep the solar flare effects DO overlap with the ship losing power. No idea if it contributed at all or not but the timing was right.

5. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

I takes a hot minute to get those big merchant vessels into reverse...

5axis and Jed like this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well at least the bridge is made out of erector set pieces. A few clicks on Temu and they'll be back in business.

Chazzz and Robin172 like this.
  8. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

They talk about the port being closed long term.

After investigation, why couldn`t they move some of it to the side to open the port?

Educate me...

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There's a comet, AND BOTH a solar and lunar eclipse, too!

Gotta be related.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Foreign mariners haven't been very reliable when I'm on the water.
    Ships get foreign flagged to avoid all kinds of liability and wage controls.
    Those ships hit each other occasionally when both are under power just from incompetence.
    Jones act cases and maritime law is shitshow of cut and pasted historical traditions and blame shifting apparatus.

11. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

:stupid: They've got some big barges & cranes, why can't they remove the bridge wreckage(once they're done investigating) from the channel and reopen the port? Doesn't seem like it would take more than a few weeks.

12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Separate forensic investigations by every possible federal, state and local government agency will tie everyone's hands waiting to get to work for way too long.

13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

The boat is the investigation. There aint nothing to investigate with the bridge.

I dont think they faked the video where the ship hit the bridge.

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

That work is going to go fast compared to the insurance liability fight that will ensue.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The worst part of the .....oh why did the bridge fail.....ohhhhh...... is the F&^(%ing support got hit by a giant ship. There is no lets figure out why it failed. There was no way it wasnt going to completely collapse. Find the bodies if you can. Maybe cut a few pieces of the bridge near the impact and then cut the shipping lane open and lets get everyone at the terminals back to work. The Shipping lane should be open in 8 weeks, tops. The navy should have salvage divers there tomorrow. The US govt needs to say, we got this ya'll hill billy F^&s step back.

Now if they nicked a span and the whole thing collapsed thats something different. They need to think of this as more of a wartime mindset and get the mission done...not figure out every little detail and who's doing what, environmental impact studies, and how much Johnny's cousin can make on this tragedy, but its Maryland so that is what will happen.

16. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Agreed. Seems he's all about a balanced and fair perspective

The blancolirio of boats, IMO

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Shouldn't boats of this size have some sort of APU like planes do for when the engines puke? So at least you can steer the damn thing?

[​IMG]

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

If people really knew what was going on with the Merchant Marine, their minds would be blown. I was oblivious until my brother retired from the Navy and went into MM. It's amazing we get any of our goods from overseas. I wasn't sure I believe his stories until I did some research. What a clown show.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

.Gov moves slow.....very slow. Unless they're trying to cover something up, then they'll move at the speed of sound.

r1owner likes this.
  20. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

There was already some UMD professor on TV yapping about environmental impact due to additional diesel fumes from increased truck traffic. These morons never miss an opportunity to get in front of a camera and make asses of themselves. The environmental impact doesn't amount to a fart in the wind. Move your bullshit elsewhere.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    Chazzz and R1Racer99 like this.