1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figure this out… TTR engine issues

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Mar 25, 2024.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I had a friend/team mate that had John cordona build out his pig/brick 92 gsxr 600 back in the glory days of 600 club racing.And that hunk of shit still couldn't motor on my SS f3,or any f3's for that matter. I sure enjoyed shit talking about that pig of a 600:crackup: Did anyone else try racing one of these? th.jpg

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

It was easy to make those fast. Just blueprint it.

With a 750 motor.....:D

ToofPic likes this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Let me know if you wanna sell the wheels that come off of it for some stockers (19/16) on BT45s.

I don't believe those wheels are going to let you race any of the local orgs (in a competitive class).

5. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

My local mini track, Sandy Hook, is pretty much run what you brung with F1 (125), F2 (150), and F3 (190). NJMP is where the PO ran it.

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

before my time but the blue/black/orange one was the best paint scheme suzuki ever had

ToofPic likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I told my buddy I had to charge him more now since it was a big bore :D

He was relentless… after ranting for ten minutes about every motorsports cheating scenario he could think of… then he started on the… “sad part is it didn’t even help you” :crackup:

PatricksDad and ToofPic like this.
  8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I had it made..until he bought an f3,then he kicked my ass regularly. It was like he had been running with ankle weights, and someone took them off!

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

so with the biggest “I told you so!” Ever that I put on the shelf until it hurts him less… check this mess out…

My buddy who got me started racing… wouldn’t listen and had to “upgrade” the bulletproof TTR that was still running fine… even after finding the alum chunks in the pan… yeah, it had to have been blown up when nearly new but they put the smallest overbore piston available in it and we ran it for 20 years…

so he had to bump it up to a 150cc with some completely junk ass parts from BBC… the piston was a shitty cast with no coating on the inside and rough casting showing all over inside and out… no Wiesco or OEM quality there… and he got the bigger cam to go along with his high compression dome piston… all complete bearings and timing piece pressed on…

while the head was apart I asked if he was going to cut the valves and lap them in as always easy power making on valve cuts and quality… nope throwing parts at it… alright man… your call…

so I’m helping him get it together with a garage full of “kids” waiting to thrash the new engined leg breaker…

get it together check it all over and over… timing, torques, like a real bike… doing it right making it ready for more decades of abuse…

fire it up he rides it… his boy rides it… asks if he can do a wheelie on it(his dad told him it needed broken in haha), I get on it and do a stand up out of sight and come back and say “it’s broken in now :D it falls on its face a bit as it’s lean down low… he orders jets all good so it seems…

next day… his boy is riding and he sends me a vid thanking me… then texts and said he went to kickstart it and something made a noise up top and it didn’t start…

He can’t figure it out… I go over and all his fancy junk ass parts… the cam timing piece that presses on the cam where the timing chain sprocket bolts on had slipped nearly 180 and bent/cracked the alignment tab…

haven’t got it apart to look at the valves yet but they were in the closed position when it slipped and thankfully they didn’t keep trying to start it so he may have lucked out… and when I pulled the cam out one of the pressed on bearings stayed in the head, where it’s stuck… what a bunch of completely avoidable bullshit!

I told him to throw all that shit away and out the OEM parts back in it and ride it forever… told him he could even leave all the new aluminum pieces in the pan as it doesn’t seem to mind :D

SuddenBraking and PatricksDad like this.