1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever show up to Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by RS_NX5, Mar 25, 2024.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

not me Mladin :D

I don’t remember for sure but I think asshole Dean posted the story…

so back in the day all of us racers refused to pay for for our RV parking at any track… it was bullshit and we told them we’d park them in the paddock as a support vehicle for free if they tried to make us pay… I didn’t have Mladin clout but did put a semi truck team in the paddock and stood my ground… I mean Daytona has our own racers only RV park for free…

well the big fat renta cops on the Yamaha fat cat big wheel TW200s, I think they are at Road America, used to run around and knock on doors and leave invoices on windshields all weekend… story goes Mat was in his RV buck naked when the pig started knocking trying to get his few hundred dollars from the best paid rider in the paddock… so… since he was naked he decided to answer the door that way half chubbed up to make an impression :crackup:I don’t remember what was said but he didn’t pay and I think he’s the reason they stopped knocking on racers RVs after that… :D

since he’s been writing lately and funny he should tell that story for sure… maybe I’ll ask him to for the Road America round….

Rdrace42 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I’m going this year and rented a golf cart from the track.
    Haven’t been there in 8 years, looking forward to seeing some old friends.
    You coming Doc ?

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Holy shit!!! RA and Jim! I better come and see all you old asses!

And Congrats Jim! Good seeing that big smile. Wish you both a lifetime of happiness.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. twin ty

twin ty Well-Known Member

Road America….great track and lots of fun. Anyway, yep, you never who’s gonna show up there. I met Mr. Schwantz there around 2008.

5. The Todd

The Todd It's 'The Todd'

I really like Rd. America! I only do TD's there however. I have one already scheduled this season. I may just have to make it up there for the MotoAmerica races. My Avatar is actually me at Road America in July '23! I think that's Turn 6, after you go up that hill and take that 90degree left.

6. RS_NX5

RS_NX5 To finish first you must first finish - Ski

Interesting stories from RA, thanks for sharing those. IG it really is "you never know who's gonna show up there".

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

It's been years since I have been there for MotoAmerica. I usually just go to say hi to my former race weekend "son" Bobby and then head out. It's easier if I am on someone's guest list! :D

Congrats on the new chapter in life, buddy!

GNC likes this.