1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever show up to Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by RS_NX5, Mar 25, 2024.

1. RS_NX5

RS_NX5 To finish first you must first finish - Ski

Heading out to Road America for MotoAmerica in June, anybody noteworthy (retired riders) ever show up to Road America? (Dumb question ig)

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I'm not sure where the line for "notable" starts or ends, but I'm fairly certain that WSBK champion Ben Spies will be there with the XPEL Ducati team that the Rahal's put together.

3. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

Ive never been to a Moto A race. Im only a few hours from road america. Are you able to park somewhere in the pits for the weekend or no? I saw you could pay online and pit on the outskirts of the track, i assumed the pits were reserved for racers but id pay extra to be in the actual pits if possible.
    The last trackday i was there they told me i could not ride my onewheel, pit bike or even bicycle. Anyone know if this is still the case?

4. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Nah, we all meet up next month in Mongo's back yard, Road Atlanta. :D :flag: :Poke: :beer:

5. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

You can drive/park almost anywhere except the upper paddock and there is basically full access everywhere else on foot. IMO a scooter is your best friend at Road America.

ungwaha and 27 like this.
  6. RS_NX5

RS_NX5 To finish first you must first finish - Ski

Interesting to hear Spies will be there, good to know you can go almost anywhere.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Doug Polen showed up… spanked all the umbrella girls, and crew (on WSBK PlayStation), got my dogs in trouble having the giant malamutes on the couch, hung out ate our food…. Played “where’d the rest of my foot go?” And rode my Superbike in his last ever AMA race…. Flirted with top tens in rain and dry…But that was over a decade ago now…

I’ve never had a bad time at Road America… go have a blast… best venue on the calendar tied with Mid Ohio… but at least when it rains in WI the track is fine…

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the Johnsonville Brats!

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I left out how fun the Osh Kosh punk/rocker/hippie chicks are and all the other trouble like Seibkins and Elkhart Lake parties are… the brats and cheese and beer are to be heeded as well… or you’ll need a Briggs and Stratton in the back of your Chevy to unplug your Kohler from too much Johnsonville and Sargento… don’t know the beer sponsor… Miller I think :D

Once a Wanker.. and ungwaha like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Jesus, if you’re going to the land of serial killers and necrophiliacs, get some decent brats from a meat market.

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Nobody goes there anymore, its too crowded;)

12. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I think you need a plate on whatever you ride there. Having a scooter is a must though, the track is huge. Depending on whether you want to be up all night, make sure to find the right spot to stay,

13. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If you are interested in former Operations Managers for an AMA team, I can be convinced to show up, since I am only 15 mins away, for an appearance fee. I can even tell you where to watch and what stands to hit. Heck for the appearance fee, I will chauffeur you from anywhere around the track to the Q-parking lot where you can stroll around the paddock.

:D:D:p:D:crackup:

14. DrA5

[​IMG]

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

don’t forget to offer your services Doc… maybe some Kinesio tape at least… there are bound to be injuries with old guys trying to act the age they think they should be :D

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

that’s what we called Osh Kosh…
    :crackup:
    For being so close to Johsonville those girls those girls were always starving for red meat :p

17. DrA5

It was busy work putting the racers back together round after round. I tell people that motorcycle racers, like Bumbles, bounce. Car racers don't have to worry about that.

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  18. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Bicycle riding is allowed everywhere but the paddock. Must walk bikes in the paddock, have to stay on the roads artound the track. Scooters must have a current registration and plate. No ATV's or golf carts for spectators. Competitors can use atv's, golf carts with a permit and ride bicycles in the paddock.

Rules are right on their website.

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

and if you’re RV camping make sure to use the Mladin discount method… I didn’t pay once in 20 years :D

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What’s that?

You polish someone’s crank?

Once a Wanker.., YamahaRick and brex like this.