1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Pie near Woodstock Ga

Discussion in 'General' started by 72westie, Mar 25, 2024.

1. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

We are camping down here near Woodstock Georgia for a day or two yet and want some good Pie while down here. Peach and pecan are preferred, but good pie is pie.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Where are you camping in Woodstock? Off the lake?

3. 72westie

Yeah, Payne campground. Came down to ride mountain bikes for spring break.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  4. thrak410

Nice! Blankets Creek is a good spot, and head over to Rope Mill, it has some fun stuff too, both in Woodstock. You could also hop on 575N and hit up Talking Rock trails. If you want a challenge drive an hour north to Dalton and hit Buzzards Roost.

Allatoona Creek Park trails aren't that far either and have lots of different types of trails, and a bit further south Cochran Trails/Sope Creek is a lot of fun if you like long climbs and fast DHs.

I'm not going to be much help for pies... my wife either makes them or gets Publix pies. :D

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Grab the phone and call Ev and what's his name and buy them dinner at Williamson Bros BBQ

ToofPic likes this.
  6. Derf1278

Derf1278 Member

Look up Alpine Bakery, mostly cakes, but they might have a couple pies on hand

ToofPic likes this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He says he wants a pie, not to add to the national debt…

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Shut up you anti WERA bozo. And the pie comes after the dinner, everyone knows that !

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You think there’s gonna be any $$ left after a certain someone finishes dinner?

Westie better roll up in a Brinks truck!

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Pie Bar in downtown woodstock.

Ive heard good things about doodles pie as well...a bit farther away.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That area is low on pie.....I wonder why?

ToofPic, scottn, tl1098 and 2 others like this.
  12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Moon Pie and RC cola. Get them at any corner gas station. Other than that, run over to WERA world headquarters and have Mogo make you one.

Jed and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  13. 72westie

Just got done riding at Blankets Creek. Road Dwellings loop with the family and then solo. Slightly more climbing then we get in northwest Ohio.

14. 72westie

Thanks, they are closed Monday, but we will try tomorrow. Thanks!

15. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Pie day was almost 2 weeks ago. I'd doubt there's much left in Mongo's neck of the woods.

16. thrak410

Nice! Van Michael Trail is more difficult but has better DHs, and South Loop is a beast. Do not recommend unless you're looking for torture.

If you want something easier than Dwelling check out the Explorer Trail loops at Rope Mill. Loop 1 is easy, loop 2 gets tough, loop 3 is hard but not as hard as 2.

17. 72westie

The Pie Bar was open and it was delicious.

ChemGuy and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

For some good bbq and beer go to Reformation Brewery right next door. Delicious beers. And BBQ. Big outside seating/chill area. Just dont move down there. They're full.

Or if your up near Canton and want some Hibachi to replace your calories hit up Okinawa. Lunch hibachi is a super good deal there.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

You're going to get the norovirus and shit the bed for a week eating at those dirty roadside places. Just find a Costco before you poison your whole family.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Alpine is decent for at least Key Lime, haven't had others from there.