1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche guys...talk to me

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Mar 18, 2024.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Car is very clean and very low miles...~19k miles. No real issues in the paint I could see..maybe a couple spots that should detail out. Estate owner bought it in 2015. Couple receipts for oil changes every year or 2, but nothing for the last couple years, those could could just not be in the car. The auctioneer started it and it sounds good. Smelled of stale gas for sure. I was surprised the auctioneer seemed to have a realistic price expectation of around 10K.

We shall see. I expect more tomorrow.

motion and rd400racer like this.
  2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I'd spend 10k for that car just to drive the piss out of it and say that I owned a Porsche!

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea for 10-15K, I don't see how you can go wrong.

4. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Dunno how close you are but he's selling it,, in MD...
    I'd buy it back in a heartbeat but I gave the money to my painter for the 77 carrera I gotta finish.
    https://dorkiphus.net/porsche/showthread.php?t=42096

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Man, it's gotta be 15+ years since I've visited a forum where people list their current and past(!) vehicles in their signatures. :crackup: I've been blocking signatures on here at least that long. Probably longer.

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've become familiar with this generation 911 since I have a similar era 986. If you can get it for $15k or less and then detail it very well and have the usual services done, it will easily sell in excess of $20k. Many on here make fun of the 986 but I'm loving mine. Especially with lowered Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, cat delete headers and Porsche Performance exhaust. The engine sound can't be beat. Especially over 4k rpm.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

I really didn't need to see this....

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

D.C. NOVA Boomers....

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Local bidding stopped at about 18k and a phone bidder and local guy took it up to 24.5k.
    Car is going to Georgia. Seems like that is top of retail for an auto 996.2 even though it only has ~18k miles

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Equivalent to a sale on BaT. The low mileage brings them out.