1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 02 | Pirelli Catalunya Round | 22 - 24 MAR

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Mar 18, 2024.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    LENGTH: 4.657 Km
    CORNERS: 14
    RIGHT CORNERS: 8
    LEFT CORNERS: 6

All times are Esatern
    upload_2024-3-18_15-13-56.png
    upload_2024-3-18_15-14-12.png
    upload_2024-3-18_15-14-30.png

This will be the first race this season on a track with a known surface. I'm hoping Rea can find his form and Gerloff will find his way to the front when the lights go out.

2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Agreed with OP + another step for Toprak.

3. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Garrett struggled at the test last week but as always I hope he finds something during the races and FINALLY figures out how to handle the first 3 laps of a race.

Toprack is whining about rear grip and tire life - sounds like Sykes on the Kawi 12-13 years ago - pace is there but the brand with the best street electronics packages is struggling with it in SBK form.

Hope Jonny is in the mix, as well as just more overall tight racing at the front like we had in P.I. last month.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, he's under Yamaha orders to stay 200 yards away from Toprak.

The Great One, Circacee and younglion like this.
  5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yamaha or BMW?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't expect to have to explain the damn joke.

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Potentially both these days...:D

8. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Ugh, Honda
    upload_2024-3-22_7-52-57.png

Attached Files:

9. As I’m often guilty of this, sometimes the obvious isn’t obvious :)

10. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Bulega pulled his finger out and Toprak & VDM went backwards
    upload_2024-3-22_11-6-41.png

Attached Files:

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

12. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Ducatis are doing well.

13. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Kinda makes you wonder how good some of these top guys actually are or have they just been simply cock blocking the higher seats from legitimate fast young guns over the last few years. Coulda, shoulda, woulda but an influx of young hot shots will retire Rea, Alvaro, and a few others easy and maybe should’ve several years ago.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Several years ago, Bulega could barely catch a whiff of a top 10 on a good day. He ended up being replaced by young Moto 2 hotshots. Circle of life.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

16. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Toprak wins his first race on the Beemer, gerloff in p12.

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Mavtv is supposed to be a free channel but I can't freaking find a way to watch it

18. BMW brass must be over the moon, I figured if he could ever get the bike and his style gelling it would be mid season or so. Good to see another manufacturer up front, good for the sport to mix it up. Yamaha’s not looking steady but all seem to be missing that last little bit. Bautista looks deflated, I think his teammate has mind f’ed his confidence. He goes fast, teammate goes a tad faster. For the good of the safety of the other riders this needs to be addressed ASAP as we know that bowling ball can show back up at any time.

19. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Good for Toprak. Looks like they improved the rear grip. I know he’s happy that the Ducs can’t just blast past him down the straights now.

20. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

How the F*#$ did Toprak get the bike stopped into T5 on the last lap?! I've seen some incredible braking from this guy, but that was unbelievable!