1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brembo T-Drive vs BrakeTech Axis Cobra

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dudutzu, Mar 19, 2024.

1. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

Looking to replace my front rotors and narrowed it down to these 2 options.
    I'm hoping some of you have experience with both of them.
    Trying to find out if either one of them lasts longer and or it's less likely to become warped. If it matters I'm using Vesrah RJL-XX pads.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Dillonjohnson

Dillonjohnson Well-Known Member

Had a bunch of Brembo T drives and SS rotors. Never had any issues. I’ve had slightly warped stock rotors but they were pretty old. Never warped a set of brembos.
    I did just buy a set of BrakeTech sbk 6.5mm to try just because. Should be here this week. Don’t think you can go wrong with either.

3. grapejuiceboys

grapejuiceboys Well-Known Member

Braketech is a US company with customer service. Jeff's stuff is top notch, I'm looking forward to trying his new rotors as well.

4. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I've had Brembo Super Sport, Braketech iron Axis, Braketech Cobra stainless Axis, Galfer wave, Braketech Superlite, Brembo Superbike, EBC, custom made ISR and stock of course. Of the aftermarket rotors the only ones I did not like were the EBC.

Iron will be more prone wrap no matter who makes them. I prefer Braketech for the same reasons as above, and the quality is second to none. To simplify things for me I just go with Braketech Axis Cobra now if I'm getting brake rotors and Jeff makes them.

5. Dillonjohnson

My braketech axis SBK rotors just showed up actually, they look really nice! 6.5mm is THICK.

6. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Braketech here, I’ve had a couple bikes with brembo supersports but those Braketech’s are where it’s at. The extra thickness gives better feel at the lever and the spiral lock on the buttons makes taking them apart to glass bead the disc once a year a breeze.

7. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

To be fair to EBC, taking apart their rotors was very easy with their tool. A nice, simple, and effective design.

8. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone!
    I'll give Jeff a ring.

9. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

While we're talking brakes... I was able to pop over to Warhorse HSBK's race shop last week, and noticed that these TK's were on the front of Herrin's Daytona 200 winner:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some work on the google machine shows a 7.1mm thickness, with a "chrome silicon alloy" braking surface.

Anyone tried them?

-T

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Mesa uses them. I remember checking them out when he brought his rims up for rubber. Interesting carrier design.

11. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

It's an interesting cross-drill also. Makes me wonder if that helps with cooling, or it just looks good.

12. Dillonjohnson

Does anyone know who else stocks brake Tech rotors? I ordered 2 sets of the 6.5mm SBK rotors from SBKunlimited, got one set, other set is backordered, and just received word they don't even have the raw stainless to make the rotors ATM, so im kinda in a pickle. I have 2 new sets of dymags and id like the exact same rotors on them both.
    I'm not in a huge rush, but I also don't wanna wait 4 months for rotors...

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I started removing my rotors for tire changes and for transport in the trailer. Too many examples of bent rotors from handling. If you did the same, then you could get by with one set of rotors for a little while. Just a thought. Good luck in your quest to find them anyways though.